Ever consider.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

no1pilot2000

Flying for a foreign airline? I was reading an article about a US pilot who worked for a US carrier, and now works for a foreign carrier in the Middle East. He got sick and tired of his former bosses and decided for a change of venue. He's much happier in his new job at a Boeing 777 captain.

Flying for a foreign airline? I was reading an article about a US pilot who worked for a US carrier, and now works for a foreign carrier in the Middle East. He got sick and tired of his former bosses and decided for a change of venue. He's much happier in his new job at a Boeing 777 captain.

Give that yankee infidel some time, if a pilot isn't complaining about something, then there must be something wrong with him.

I don't have fuselage envy and I make a sh!tload of money. No, I have never considered working for a foreign carrier.

Gup

I don't have fuselage envy and I make a sh!tload of money. No, I have never considered working for a foreign carrier.

Gup

Good for you gup- you're at one of 3-4 airlines in the us that that could be said.
It goes w/o saying that the poster is referring to the ual's in the country

Gup

For now. Thinking that could never change is fatal thinking if you ask me.

For now. Thinking that could never change is fatal thinking if you ask me.

Jock, Are you serious. You dang right it is. I thank God every day that our contract and airline is viable - for now. I've worked for a bankrupt carrier. I now plan accordingly.

As Dave Ramsey says - "give me the countdown!" Some of you will know what that means.

Gup

Nope.

P.S. Good for him.

Living in the Middles East is not for everyone. Not even for a few. It sucks over ther even Dubai the magic kingdom blows. 777 captain may be great, but not at that price.

Living in the Middles East is not for everyone. Not even for a few. It sucks over ther even Dubai the magic kingdom blows. 777 captain may be great, but not at that price.

Amen, brother. When my place tanks (and my guess is, it will ) that will be my cue to leave the industry once and for all. I'm at the point where I'd like to see if I can do something else besides fly an airplane for a living anyway, so that just might serve as the tipping point should it come to pass.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back