• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Even Warren Buffett is bleeding money

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like everything about the Eagles.....except Don Henly (spelling?). That guy is a tool.

Skynrd was good up until the crash.

Well Hell!

All this talk of Skynard and Zeppelin!

It's Saturday night and I'm gonna go jam!

I'm ill and tire fast, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm gonna start with "Rock and Roll", (Zep)

follow it with "The Breeze" (Skynard) then Mary Lou (Seger) and some original Blues shuffles and sh!t.

All easy stuff I know, But "momma" is going over to hang with my Netjets buddies wife (he's on the road).

That means Turn it up! Turn it up! Til it's loud as hell!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All this talk of Skynard and Zeppelin!

It's Saturday night and I'm gonna go jam!

I'm ill and tire fast, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm gonna start with "Rock and Roll", (Zep)

follow it with "The Breeze" (Skynard) then Mary Lou (Seger) and some original Blues shuffles and sh!t.

All easy stuff I know, But "momma" is going over to hang with my Netjets buddies wife (he's on the road).

That means Turn it up! Turn it up! Til it's loud as hell!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just drink more. Proper hydration can do wonders for your ills.

He just spent $5 billion on Goldman Sachs.

I think he'll be ok.

I nominate Uncle Warren for Sec. of the treasury.

HA...good luck....

The people that we truly NEED on capitol hill will NEVER be on capital hill. Simple as that.

The "Hill" is reserved for politicians that want to further their political careers.

Folks like Buffet, Gates, Powell, et al, wouldn't have the first thing to do with that crock of $hit.

Blueridge71,

I found the smoking gun you were looking for: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass-Steagall_Act

Note who sponsored the bill to repeal this post-Great Depression act in 1999. I'm holding my tongue from saying any more.

A MoveOn.org Political Action ad plays the partisan blame game with the economic crisis, charging that John McCain’s friend and former economic adviser Phil Gramm “stripped safeguards that would have protected us.” The claim is bogus. Gramm’s legislation had broad bipartisan support and was signed into law by President Clinton. Moreover, the bill had nothing to do with causing the crisis, and economists – not to mention President Clinton – praise it for having softened the crisis.
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/who_caused_the_economic_crisis.html

In other words, keep looking for the smoking gun. Let me point you in this direction. I don't normally use wikipedia for research, but this will give you a starting point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_Reinvestment_Act

This law basically required banks to lend to people with poor credit. Then FNMA and FHMC bought up the subprime mortgages bundled as securities with the implicit backing of the federal government.

I find it humorous that several of the folks on this board hold Warren Buffet in such high regard and yet seem to have an almost visceral distaste for Obama. One guy even says that Obama is red (It's obvious he never read Das Kapital or the Communist Manifesto, though I guess he does listen to Rush Limbaugh and Bill OReilly.) The humorous part is that Warren Buffet is the ultimate capitalist and patriotic American and not only does he support Senator Obama, but has said that Obama would make a great leader that will take this nation in the right direction.

I assume you mean me.

There is plenty of evidence that Obama is a communist, not the least of which is his advocacy income redistribution and his class warfare rhetoric.

Warren Buffett may be a capitalist, but that does not translate into idealogically supporting the free market. Capitalists love regulation and federal money that benefits them over their competitors.

Lenin was rumored to have referred to such people as "useful idiots." He wrote in his Testament that
Capitalists the world over and their governments will, in their desire to win Soviet market, shut their eyes to the above-mentioned activities and thus be turned into blind deaf-mutes. They will furnish credits, which will serve as a means of supporting the Communist parties in their countries, and, by supplying us, will rebuild our war industry, which is essential for our future attacks on our suppliers. In other words, they will be laboring to prepare their own suicide.

The situation is a little different but the concept is the same.

Last edited:
Warren Buffett may be a capitalist, but that does not translate into idealogically supporting the free market. Capitalists love regulation and federal money that benefits them over their competitors..
What Capitalists like about communism?

They like the ability to set up MONOPOLIES or otherwise influence government to gain competitive advantage.

They hate the free market. They love CARTELS, except for Labor Cartels known as Unions.

Most of all, they want to tilt the playing field in their favor and AVOID COMPETITION of a FREE MARKET... especially PRICE competition.

I stumbled across a good Reagan quote that you guys might want to pass along to Uncle Warren:

“Freedom is something that cannot be passed on in the blood stream, or genetically. And it’s never more than one generation away from extinction. Every generation has to learn how to protect and defend it, or it’s gone and gone for a long, long time. Already, many of us, particularly those in business and industry, there are too many who have switched rather than fight. And it’s time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you’re going to get more than a good night’s sleep.” —Ronald Reagan

According to Forbes.....Warren Buffett is now the richest man in the US. Estimated worth is $58 billion. He got $8 billion richer from 8/29 to 10/1.

Not bad for someone who is bleeding money.

Latest resources

Back