• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Even more quotes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don’t think he spun it at all. He simply explained what 95% of the readers, including casual and uninformed observers, picked up on immediately. The dues are roughly 1.5% period. They do not change to 3.0% in year two and 4.5% in year three, etc.
Therefore, future pay raises are not reduced by dues, any more than they would be by taxes and social security.

If Alaska82’s guest wants to dazzle us with creative math, he needs to stop after year one.

your right--my bad! I do understand that the dues are fixed (for now) at roughly 1.5% (I'll take your word on that). I also understand whay BW was saying--I think---that if you get a 3.5% pay raise you are only giving an ADDITIONAL 1.5% of that 3.5% each year which is insignificant--but I thought the point the gentleman was trying to get across was that you gave up the 1.5% plus the 1.5% times the 3.5% thus contributing to the union 1.5%+. If a person wants a union that amount is really trivial, but if they don't it is just salt in the wound.

gawd, yes alaska 82 you are right union dues are killing our standard of living and I see you are checked on to fi constantly. Lets just burn this place to the ground just for sport. I think skumza is more worried about that than anything. By the way what would a nobody who thinks he's somebody do for work after all this. Industry standard +2.

Thanks for mentioning me, freight dog. Its Skanza by the way...
I regards to your "burn this place to the ground just for sport." comment, why don't you just quit. Leave. Be miserable somewhere else. Get out. Take your ball and go home.
Get it?

no I think what he means is he would rather die standing up rather than be a coward and run away...

I agree, management only understand one language, force. That is what they are getting. I hope they do close it up, that would send a very clear message to all the other crooks with golden parachutes.

I think the flight options pilots should be forwarded every possible courtesy and the upmost respect.

dont worry about it skanza, if you dont like it just quit. There are a lotta of operators out there that would love to have a pilot of your, how should we say it....caliber?

no I think what he means is he would rather die standing up rather than be a coward and run away...Seriously? I don't get it. Who's being a coward by threatening to destroy their place of employment cause the 'don't get what they want'. So, do you off a girl that won't date you based on the "If I can't have her, nobody can!" stance?

I agree, management only understand one language, force. That is what they are getting. I hope they do close it up, that would send a very clear message to all the other crooks with golden parachutes. Easy with the golden anything there, I do believe that's what you guys (union) are after.

I think the flight options pilots should be forwarded every possible courtesy and the upmost respect.

dont worry about it skanza, if you dont like it just quit. But I do like it and don't complain. I have no reason to quit.There are a lotta of operators out there that would love to have a pilot of your, how should we say it....caliber?

dont worry about it skanza. With your attitude you'd have NO problem finding employment.

He'll have to get that smelly brown stain off his nose first.

Latest resources

Back