EVA Air is hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

njacrew

EVA Air based in Taiwan is currently hiring First Officers for their MD11 and B747-400 fleet. If you are currently on furlough from UA, DL, or any other majors in the US, I would recommend that you take a look. No need to resign your seniority number! Plus, you are not bonded like Singapore. www.evaair.com.tw click english version.

cheers

I wonder where their pilots are based out of, JFK? I'm not up for commuting to Asia every other week.

How do US pilots get ICAO stamps for their ATPS?

Wrong. The US is not a member of ICAO.
The requirements to get an ICAO license varies from country to country. In some you might just have to take a checkride, while some others would require a regulation exam and a checkride.
Getting a US ATP from an ICAO license is also not an easy process. Restrictions apply both ways.

Good luck.

The US atp is not recognize as an ICAO license, we joined ICAO , but not for the license.
The process is quite tedious, but it can be done if you study the wtitten in advance , and get a few flying lessons on the ICAO IFR flying

ThreeGreen, Frenchy,

Having worked for two asian carriers (one out Taiwan), I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

US ATP

If the license you've hold is issued from the member of an ICAO, than, your license is considered as an ICAO license.
EVA pilots are all based in Taipei.

I hold 2 ICAO ATP ,British and French, even with both I had to take the written and flight test when I came here,if the US was ICAO why did I have to do it all over again??????

You might get a waiver as a contract pilot but will not get a permanent position until you pass the required license.
Now in Europe you can't present yourself for the ATP flighttest you have to be sponsored by an airline, beeing on contract and assuming the airline will want you they will train you to the ICAO standard.

Latest resources

Back