• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1973Arrow

Word
From my e-mail in box:

TAKE FLIGHT WITH EMBRY-RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY
Positions are available for all levels of Flight Instructors. As a Flight Instructor with Embry-Riddle, you will have the opportunity to teach the largest pool of highly motivated college students in the country. Our Daytona Beach campus boasts year-round flying.
We are proud to offer a training fleet of 40 Cessna 172s (16 with G-1000 glass cockpits) 13 Piper Seminoles, 5 Piper Arrows, 1 Decathlon (for upset training) 10 general aviation level Six FTD/s with 220 degree visuals, and 1 level Six CRJ/200 with a 180 degree collimated display. (All aircraft equipped with ADS-B collision avoidance systems)
Embry-Riddle boasts one of the industry’s finest maintenance facilities with a fully computerized Parts Department, warranty programs, and excellent aircraft availability.
INSTRUCTOR PILOT COMPENSATION
Our total compensation and employment program for Instructor Pilots is the best in the industry.
Embry-Riddle offers a minimum of 27 paid/accrued leave days annually, a highly competitive wage base, and two comprehensive health insurance programs.

All full-time instructors (and spouses or domestic partners) are immediately eligible for a 100% tuition waiver for both undergraduate and graduate courses, and a 100% tuition waiver for undergraduate courses for dependent children, up to age 26.
Embry-Riddle will contribute 5% of the instructor’s earnings into one of two retirement programs. We will also match additional contributions up to 3%. These funds are fully vested after only one year of service.
Full pay for departmental meetings and directed non-flight activities. 100% uniform allowance.
Entry Level Wages:
IP Class. Hourly Wage
IP-2 $15.31
IP-3 $17.75
IP-4 $21.41
EMBRY-RIDDLE IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!
If you are a dedicated professional who loves to teach and share the art of flying with new students…
Looking for an employer with excellent airline placement records...In the last 12 months, 60 ERAU Instructor Pilots have moved onto airline jobs...

If you are a flight instructor who wants to be affiliated with the best aeronautical university in the world…
Apply online at: www.erau.edu/jobs or contact our Human Resources Manager/Flight, at 877-394-2287, fax (386) 323-5060 or send e-mail to: [email protected]

Dude Riddle is gay, dont instruct there. You will be with 300 hr dorks who think they are hot shots cuz they are College Senior's and get to walk around campus and look cool infront of 200 lb riddle chicks with their 2 gold bars. what tools. I instructed off campus and logged 20 hours a week at 20 bucks an hour in singles and multi. They make you wait like, 8 months for your "multi upgrade," please. Besides, they have way too many rules there to have any fun. They won't solo people unless winds are like 4 knots or less. Good luck having your student finish his private in less than 1 year and 10,000 bucks.

It will roll said:
Dude Riddle is gay, dont instruct there. You will be with 300 hr dorks who think they are hot shots cuz they are College Senior's and get to walk around campus and look cool infront of 200 lb riddle chicks with their 2 gold bars. what tools. I instructed off campus and logged 20 hours a week at 20 bucks an hour in singles and multi. They make you wait like, 8 months for your "multi upgrade," please. Besides, they have way too many rules there to have any fun. They won't solo people unless winds are like 4 knots or less. Good luck having your student finish his private in less than 1 year and 10,000 bucks.

Say what you want, but as an instructor you can do much much worse. Full benefits, guaranteed students, well maintained aircraft, etc. I mean hell, the day after I got hired I walked up to my desk and there was paperwork for 6 students sitting there waiting for me. Very painless.

Also, you'd be surprised at just how laid back ERAU is from the instructor standpoint...

Simulators & PC flight programs

unreal said:
Say what you want, but as an instructor you can do much much worse. Full benefits, guaranteed students, well maintained aircraft, etc. I mean hell, the day after I got hired I walked up to my desk and there was paperwork for 6 students sitting there waiting for me. Very painless.

Also, you'd be surprised at just how laid back ERAU is from the instructor standpoint...

Whay happens when there is no more actual flying of an actual aircraft? and it all done with a PC flight program??

G-force said:
Whay happens when there is no more actual flying of an actual aircraft? and it all done with a PC flight program??

My instrument guys spend a bit of time in the FTD (though they spend double that amount in the actual plane), and my primary students are always in the plane. I still get plenty of time in my logbook.

Inconceivable said:
how many billable hours do you get in a year?
Couldn't tell ya. I'm new here. I can tell you that during the semester, 60-65 contact hours per pay period (2 weeks) is pretty typical. I can ask around about yearly averages, since that of course doesn't take summer into account.

By the way, I have to mention that I work at PRC. DAB could be different on hours.

Latest resources

Back