Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LegacyDriver

Moving Target
Looks like it is friday and I have nothing better to do...so.... :)

Here are the question:

Do you wear epaulets and if so, are the stripes gold or silver and where do you wear them (right in the middle of your shoulder or down closer to your arm)?

(Coming next week: Do you wear a tie?)

Have a great weekend gang.

Our uniform is Dockers & Polos...

When I was flying charter years ago, about the last year we went to the stupid epaulets... Was glad to ditch those! However, when you wear epaulets, they should be "grounded" (i.e. pulled as far outboard (toward the shoulder) as possible), and obviously the widest part outboard as well... ;)

Ties? Haven't worn one in over 3 years... I feel very "liberated"!!!

I wear epaulets, too. Silver, worn outboard just as Falcon Capt described.

I have to wear a tie, too, but I have lots of flexibility in this department :)

Falcon Capt said:
Our uniform is Dockers & Polos...

When I was flying charter years ago, about the last year we went to the stupid epaulets... Was glad to ditch those! However, when you wear epaulets, they should be "grounded" (i.e. pulled as far outboard (toward the shoulder) as possible), and obviously the widest part outboard as well... ;)

Ties? Haven't worn one in over 3 years... I feel very "liberated"!!!

Haven't worn a tie in three years?????

I hate you.

Drives me nuts to see guys at my company wear their epaulets with the skinniest part of the device outboard... Looks backwards to me.

Epaulets? Hell, half the time I'm not even wearing underwear! ;)

Polo or button down shirts and khaki pants. Business casual, essentially.

I only wear epaulets when the wife and I are playing "Captain and naughty Flight Attendant". :p TC

citabriapilot said:
Drives me nuts to see guys at my company wear their epaulets with the skinniest part of the device outboard... Looks backwards to me.
Funny that someone would wear the tapered end closest to the shoulder since the button-flap that they are threaded through are tapered toward the neck. Kinda hard to get that one wrong. Even if the shirt itself has a flap of equal parallel dimensions, it makes sense that the tapered end should be toward the neck as the human body is contoured this way.

Latest resources

Back