Epaulets - Do you wear them?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA717driver said:
I only wear epaulets when the wife and I are playing "Captain and naughty Flight Attendant". :p TC

Yes, but which way do they taper?????

BTW, I prefer to play naughty captain and innocent flight attendant but I'm sick that way.......

Falcon Capt said:
When I was flying charter years ago, about the last year we went to the stupid epaulets... Was glad to ditch those! However, when you wear epaulets, they should be "grounded" (i.e. pulled as far outboard (toward the shoulder) as possible), and obviously the widest part outboard as well... ;)

Hey, the left one was on correctly okay?! :)

I finally broke down and edited that picture so it looks like they are on the right way. At CHQ our epaulets were so darned skinny they pinched the shoulder tabs no matter which way you put them on, so they always looked backwards even when on right. I went around a whole day without anyone saying anything to me about it, that's how obvious it was. :)

I think they bought us CHICKIE epaulets that are made for smaller tabs or something... (They're probably cheaper than "man" epaulets.) Never could figure that out. Finally soaked them in hot water and stretched 'em out so they looked right.

The thing I hate is that when mind are "outboard" they look like they are "bending" down. I guess that means my shirt is too big...

Man I am rambling aren't I??

sydeseet said:
Yes, but which way do they taper?????

BTW, I prefer to play naughty captain and innocent flight attendant but I'm sick that way.......

I like to make my wives and girlfriends wear my old Captain's hat. Then I can play "Naughty Captain - Naughty Check Airman". :)

I feel so unclean right now.

Epaulets and ties are a safety-of-flight issue, and as such, are strictly forbidden by our ops manual.

We wear sailing pants, flip-flops, bow-ties and epaulets like the kind Cap'N Crunch has. We also wear straw cowboy hats. In the winter, we wear socks with our flip-flops and an orange safety cover on our cowboy hats.

Latest resources

Back