• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EOS and MaxJet Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone know how MaxJet is taking apps? website only had open positions for inflight ambassadors and airframe/powerplant ambassadors.

sf3boy said:
Anyone know how MaxJet is taking apps? website only had open positions for inflight ambassadors and airframe/powerplant ambassadors.

I figured someone would step up to whore themselves out. Good job man.....way to help out the industry. Watch out guys....MaxJet just set the new bar for 767 pay. You are next.

Ace757 said:
I figured someone would step up to whore themselves out. Good job man.....way to help out the industry. Watch out guys....MaxJet just set the new bar for 767 pay. You are next.

Look for some of the PRP's to slide over when Delta gives them the boot. They'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Just out of curiosity, what does a 1st year B767-200/300ER Delta Capt make at Delta under the new proposed pay scales. Ditto for the F/O. 90K & 50K might not be that far off, if any? 1st Year Capt rates are pretty low everywhere not that there are any 1st year Capts. running around anywhere these days.

whymeworry? said:
$90 grand to fly a wide-body as PIC? Come on, guys. Talk about whoring!

PATHETIC!

$90,000 first year pay sounds pretty damn good....

It's not "first year pay", Mike. Anyone hiring into the left seat is (my guess) already going to be a very seasoned Int'l widebody CA. It is no doubt a very substantial cut from what he was making.

For comparison, a second year FO at SWA could probably make that, while never leaving the states, and when he upgrades, would be making nearly twice that amount.

Hell, I'm getting almost one and a half times that to fly a 737 for AirTran after four years.

90k with a potential upside vs 0, well, strikes me as no brainer.

Both Eos and Maxjet are just getting started, plenty of pilots making less flying or out of a job taking a chance and hoping it works out. Relistically, what other options do they have, Homedepot?

I can't believe I have to point this out, but we are talking about start-ups here. Start-ups never pay industry standard at first. This would include your company Ty, who did not pay industry standard wages for DC-9 pilots when they first started out. Pilots went there on the gamble that it would work out, and they would be sitting pretty with a good seniority number at a successful company. It is the whole point of start-ups: High risk, potential high reward (eventually).

Because those pilots took a chance on ValueJet, Ty, now you can enjoy making the kind of wages you do now. The same goes for SWA, America West, and others. They all used to pay nothing; now they pay better. Everything needs to be looked at in the correct context, especially when you are comparing pilot wages.

Ace757 said:

Please tell the class what you are doing to help the industry out. Are you suggesting that he not apply?

Latest resources

Back