EOS and MaxJet Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ace757

Does anyone know what they are paying the pilots at EOS and Maxjet? With $6000 tickets, and 757/767's I would think that life would be good. Any plans on hiring?

Last edited:
I have no clue what they pay pilots. Hopefully it's ton of cash. With all the cutbacks we've taken at the Legacy carriers, how much less could the pay get anyway?

Ironically, there was an "analyst" on CNBC two days ago talking about the debut of EOS and how this new entrant was "change the landscape of transatlantic travel" .... that this was the first transatlantic challenge the Legacy carriers have ever faced. Once again, another analyst who talks out of his a$$. These guys have absolutely no clue about the business, nor about history. The Majors have been facing competition from startups on transatlantic routes for a long time. Most of that comp has come from lower paid European pilots. This is nothing new.

btw: You think our wages suck? You ought to see what some of the European pilots fly for. Pathetic.

Maxjet Pay

Maxjet Capts make 90,000 and F/0s make 50,000. This salary is based on 15 days of work per month. I know of no overtime clause. They are going to use what is called fair based bidding. Everyone is supposed to work the same amount. 60.00/day until you complete IOE. They pay for hotel and rental car. The concept sounds great and don't we all wish we had taken a chance on SWA back in the 70's. I wish all that go to Maxjet the best.

whymeworry? said:
I have no clue what they pay pilots. Hopefully it's ton of cash. With all the cutbacks we've taken at the Legacy carriers, how much less could the pay get anyway?

Ironically, there was an "analyst" on CNBC two days ago talking about the debut of EOS and how this new entrant was "change the landscape of transatlantic travel" .... that this was the first transatlantic challenge the Legacy carriers have ever faced. Once again, another analyst who talks out of his a$$. These guys have absolutely no clue about the business, nor about history. The Majors have been facing competition from startups on transatlantic routes for a long time. Most of that comp has come from lower paid European pilots. This is nothing new.

btw: You think our wages suck? You ought to see what some of the European pilots fly for. Pathetic.

Don't quite agree with your findings here. Most European carriers pay MORE than a comparable carrier in the US. Haven't you heard? Their cost of living, taxes etc are approx twice what you pay in the US, not to mention the currency fluctuations. Heck we're bitching about $3/gallon for gas - try $6!!! :D The pay is OK, not great but compares favorably with virtually any US carrier. That's why I'm currently working overseas for a foreign ACMI carrier. I can't find a decent paying job in the US, so that's why I'm here. If I went back tomorrow, I could expect an immediate 50% cut in my pay. Who would go for that? Plus, there is no such thing as furloughs in Europe, layoffs yes (sometimes but not as prolific as the US and you don't need a buddy buddy to get you a job here either!), but not furloughs. From my travels around the globe, I have observed many things and one of my conclusions, shared by many, is that aviation in the US right now sucks. Not so elsewhere and that's a crying shame.

b757driver said:
Don't quite agree with your findings here. Most European carriers pay MORE than a comparable carrier in the US. Haven't you heard? Their cost of living, taxes etc are approx twice what you pay in the US, not to mention the currency fluctuations. Heck we're bitching about $3/gallon for gas - try $6!!! :D The pay is OK, not great but compares favorably with virtually any US carrier. That's why I'm currently working overseas for a foreign ACMI carrier. I can't find a decent paying job in the US, so that's why I'm here. If I went back tomorrow, I could expect an immediate 50% cut in my pay. Who would go for that? Plus, there is no such thing as furloughs in Europe, layoffs yes (sometimes but not as prolific as the US and you don't need a buddy buddy to get you a job here either!), but not furloughs. From my travels around the globe, I have observed many things and one of my conclusions, shared by many, is that aviation in the US right now sucks. Not so elsewhere and that's a crying shame.

I sincerely hope your right. We need Europe and the rest of the world to bring up the pay standards and prevent further outsourcing of pilot jobs. Like yourself, I also flew for an ACMI company overses, on three occasions throughout my career. As recently as 2004 I was based in Europe while on leave from my airline and I was amazed when I would talk to other crews and find out their pay. In fact, the company I was flying for had to set up an offshore company to pay myself an the other expats since we refused to work for their sh!tty wages. The problem in most countries throughout Europe is the company has to pay twice as much as your salary in taxes... at least that is what I was told.

I know there are a lot of companies that pay a descent wage like the flag carriers but they are nowhere near US standards. I remember sitting in the jumpseat on a KLM flight one night. The F/O on this 747 was making $78,000 a year after 8 years there. Here in the US an 8 year F/O on a wide body would make more like $120-130,000 a year. Of course, here in the US we quote our salary in gross terms while overseas I noticed they quote in net. But that is because we are allowed to play the tax game here and the sharp ones figure out ways to keep as much of that gross as possible.

At any rate, I do hope the Europeans elevate the standards of pilot pay because with Captains signing up to fly a 767 for $90,000 here in the US it certainly appears that we are truly becoming the whores of the entire industry worldwide. $90 grand in the US for a wide body? Are you kidding me?

The other problem I see with overseas airlines is their schedules. In the US we are masters at maximizing productivity to get as much work done as we can while at work, which translates into more time off. Overseas crews spend more time away from home, due to poor scheduling. Hence their work rules suck. I do hope they start to change this as well.

ewarning said:
Maxjet Capts make 90,000 and F/0s make 50,000. This salary is based on 15 days of work per month. I know of no overtime clause. They are going to use what is called fair based bidding. Everyone is supposed to work the same amount. 60.00/day until you complete IOE. They pay for hotel and rental car. The concept sounds great and don't we all wish we had taken a chance on SWA back in the 70's. I wish all that go to Maxjet the best.

$90 grand to fly a wide-body as PIC? Come on, guys. Talk about whoring!

PATHETIC!

"Talk about whoring"

Not that whoring is a new thing to this industry, but where do you think the SWA guys started in the 70's. Maybe someone could let us know.

ewarning

whymeworry? said:
$90 grand to fly a wide-body as PIC? Come on, guys. Talk about whoring!

PATHETIC!

whymeworry? said:
I sincerely hope your right. We need Europe and the rest of the world to bring up the pay standards and prevent further outsourcing of pilot jobs. Like yourself, I also flew for an ACMI company overses, on three occasions throughout my career. As recently as 2004 I was based in Europe while on leave from my airline and I was amazed when I would talk to other crews and find out their pay. In fact, the company I was flying for had to set up an offshore company to pay myself an the other expats since we refused to work for their sh!tty wages. The problem in most countries throughout Europe is the company has to pay twice as much as your salary in taxes... at least that is what I was told.

I know there are a lot of companies that pay a descent wage like the flag carriers but they are nowhere near US standards. I remember sitting in the jumpseat on a KLM flight one night. The F/O on this 747 was making $78,000 a year after 8 years there. Here in the US an 8 year F/O on a wide body would make more like $120-130,000 a year. Of course, here in the US we quote our salary in gross terms while overseas I noticed they quote in net. But that is because we are allowed to play the tax game here and the sharp ones figure out ways to keep as much of that gross as possible.

At any rate, I do hope the Europeans elevate the standards of pilot pay because with Captains signing up to fly a 767 for $90,000 here in the US it certainly appears that we are truly becoming the whores of the entire industry worldwide. $90 grand in the US for a wide body? Are you kidding me?

The other problem I see with overseas airlines is their schedules. In the US we are masters at maximizing productivity to get as much work done as we can while at work, which translates into more time off. Overseas crews spend more time away from home, due to poor scheduling. Hence their work rules suck. I do hope they start to change this as well.

Worry - PM me......

Latest resources

Back