• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Engine Fire Joining LOC on Approach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The vast majority of responses on this thread are obviously from idiots. If the airplane is on fire and the Captain inexplicably continues to fly it in any other direction than to the nearest suitable airport, I want my FO to take over.

As is common in this industry, there is a lilliputian phallic complex being demonstrated by individuals who have achieved nothing more than having the seniority to hold four stripes.

Get over yourselves.

Last time I checked it took a little more than just seniority to get those four stripes. They send plenty of FOs making an attempt to upgrade back to the right seat. One class had almost 50% wash-back rate at ASA. You have to pass the sim, the checkride, the IOE, the fed ride, and the line check. Plenty of obstructions. Your seniority only is not going to make you a Captain, so you can stop dreaming now. I do agree with the ones who believe that if the plane is on fire, you should make plans to get that plane on the ground ASAP. (even when fire is extinguished). You don't know what structural damage has been sustained by that fire.

NOTE:

1)If the engine is still producing thrust, shoot Max Q with your FFDO sidearm and ignore the the fire until you are on the ground. It can burn safely out there for a half an hour or more. Deal with it on the ground.

2)If it's not producing thrust, shoot Max Q with your FFDO sidearm, complete the Memory items and land flaps 20. The speed on the flipcard for flaps 20 is right there where it always is, no need to hunt through the QRH. Once you are on the ground deal with it.

3)In all cases shoot Max Q.

Engine Fire Checklist Complete

Cover your eyes.
Exactly why Hulas hired you, when the corn holing is coming, "cover your eyes" and take it like the felching dog boy you are!

Do some of that pilot $hit, Mav!

Land the F-in airplane

panic!!!

Last time I checked it took a little more than just seniority to get those four stripes. They send plenty of FOs making an attempt to upgrade back to the right seat. One class had almost 50% wash-back rate at ASA. You have to pass the sim, the checkride, the IOE, the fed ride, and the line check. Plenty of obstructions. Your seniority only is not going to make you a Captain, so you can stop dreaming now. I do agree with the ones who believe that if the plane is on fire, you should make plans to get that plane on the ground ASAP. (even when fire is extinguished). You don't know what structural damage has been sustained by that fire.

O really? I know of multiple captains recently who were repeatedly retrained and passed. There are notorious captains who are flying right now, who have no business commanding an aircraft...But what happens when they go in for yearly sim rides? Fail sim event, retrain until satisfactory, & send back out on line. Repeat.

And when was this 50% was out class?

O really? I know of multiple captains recently who were repeatedly retrained and passed. There are notorious captains who are flying right now, who have no business commanding an aircraft...But what happens when they go in for yearly sim rides? Fail sim event, retrain until satisfactory, & send back out on line. Repeat.

So in other words, it actually does take a bit more than seniority to get to/remain in the left seat...

O really? I know of multiple captains recently who were repeatedly retrained and passed. There are notorious captains who are flying right now, who have no business commanding an aircraft...But what happens when they go in for yearly sim rides? Fail sim event, retrain until satisfactory, & send back out on line. Repeat.And when was this 50% was out class?

hey instead of frettin' over this why don't YOU learn to BID properly :laugh:

Latest resources

Back