• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor can't fill a class!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Based on my research, it's not that they CAN'T, it's that they CHOOSE NOT TO. There are many apps on file. They aren't even bothering to call them (yes they meet the mins, no I have no clue why anyone would apply here) There is something fishy going on and it smells worse than dirty hooker coochie.

Ugh. You're bringing back memories flying with MC.

Bingo!

Created: 02/28/2014 1:26 AM WHEC.com
A government watchdog says it's not clear there is a shortage of airline pilots even though regional airlines have reported difficulty find enough pilots to hire.

The Government Accountability Office, which spent a year studying the issue, says the U.S. airline industry will need to hire 1,900 to 4,500 new pilots annually over the next 10 years.

According to a draft of the GAO report obtained by The Associated Press, there is pool of over 100,000 active pilots not currently working for airlines that carriers might be able to draw from.

The GAO says 11 out of 12 regional airlines have not been able to meet their hiring targets this year, but no major airlines have had similar difficulties. Major airlines generally pay significantly higher salaries than regional carriers.

I wonder how they arrived at that 1900-4500 over then next 10 years number? I have a hard time believing that the airline industry only needs an average of 190-450 per year. Aren't they planning around 1700 per year for AA, DL, and UA?

I wonder if they used accurate numbers if their conclusion would be different?

I wonder how they arrived at that 1900-4500 over then next 10 years number? I have a hard time believing that the airline industry only needs an average of 190-450 per year. Aren't they planning around 1700 per year for AA, DL, and UA?

I wonder if they used accurate numbers if their conclusion would be different?

It says "hire 1900 to 4500 ANNUALLY over the next 10 years" that DOES mean EACH year they need that many. Again there isn't a pilot shortage, there is a shortage of pilots willing to work for the $hit pay at the regionals. Pay better and there would probably be a flood of pilots.

Last edited:
It says "hire 1900 to 4500 ANNUALLY over the next 10 years" that DOES mean EACH year they need that many. Again there isn't a pilot shortage, there is a shortage of pilots willing to work for the $hit pay at the regionals. Pay better and there would probably be a flood of pilots.

And there is a Worldwide shortage. Not only are the ME carriers trying to grow, but also many Asian carriers like Air Asia and Lion Air. Those two don't pay well yet, but they will have to in order to attract anyone with adequate flying skills. That goes for the US Regionals as well.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL

Looks like DAL torqued off a lot of passengers today with a major rework of the FF program. You might want for listen for the sound of thousands of pax running to UAL and AA.

GL

Looks like DAL torqued off a lot of passengers today with a major rework of the FF program. You might want for listen for the sound of thousands of pax running to UAL and AA.

To make up for the lost business they will just do more of this:

crj-death-22145611.jpg

GL

Uhhhhhh, the CNBC guys thought it was pure genius. The guys that buy same day tickets pay more per ticket, and they are the ones that WANT this change. They are the ones who should be "Diamond Medallions." They make the big profits. A $300 priceline ticket across the country shouldn't equal a $2000 ticket bought same day. That guy deserves more. And, the other guy still gets miles, but not as many. I bet UA and AA are looking to maybe do the same.

And they won't be running to the others, they have worse products. You guys say it yourselves, that UAL operation isn't close to the DL operation. You know that. Plus, how long will it take AA and US to merge? The US product isn't close to AA's.

Bye Bye---General Lee

crj-death-22145611.jpg

Funny, but profits (and profit sharing) are expected to be higher than 2013 this year, even with the change in the FF program.

Bye Bye---General Lee

crj-death-22145611.jpg

You find it amusing to see an entire airline worth of people out of a job?? (Pilots are not the only airline employee!!!!). I don't. I have a family to feed you a$$hole. Guess what.....some airlines are bringing desert stricken A/C back from the dead..... And..... Wait for it..... Making a profit with them. What do you 50 seat haters think of that?? Go f....u....c...k yourself

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back