• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

End of an Era

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm with you there. It is sad to see the airline slowing disappearing. The airplane being painted over in the crew lounge hallway and replaced with Southwest propaganda was the worst.

Come to Dallas and you can see the giant AirTran 737 painting inside of the company headquarters building. It's like 10 feet across! First thing you see after clearing the security desk.

I can't for the life of me why people want to rewrite history concerning Airtran. Do you F@#king guys remember Fornaro! Total loser. He paid s#@t and could never get the average ticket price we charged over $100. Southwest is consistantly over $150/fare. He ranked as one of the worst CEOs in terms of returning shareholder value...-60+%(CNBC). According to the Wall Street Journal we were literally 36 hours from bankruptcy in 2008. This is the same guy who yelled at two union guys in the terminal in front of passengers that we could not afford Alaska pay or benefits. I get it....the guys that have been here a long time saw a lot come from nothing...I get it. But...it is time to let the sun set on
"the little a. " The opinions expressed here are in no way to take anything away from the many great guys at Airtran. All, except a few cases, are great people and pilots. Now...where is that canyon blue paint....

I saw Fornaro on SW the other day when I was commuting home. Wonder if he still has travel privileges? Was that part of his golden parachute?

Remember when Cramer Mad Money had his poll for worst airline CEO ? When Fornaro won, Cramer made a comment that he suspected some airline employees were heavily involved in the award. One of the few times the AirTran pilot group pulled in the same direction.

It is ironic that the forum was shut down primarily to limit any further damage done to the pilot group. Damage done by someone whose job it was to protect them.

Never in the history of the world has restricting communication been a good thing. The pilot I'm currently flying with was a lurker who never ever posted on the forum but is quite angry that it has been shut down. He rattled off a solid 10 or so examples of good information he has gleaned off the forum, information that our MEC would never or could never communicate. Examples he mentioned: recent gear pin issues, hotel issues, scheduling issues, etc.

The first sentence of their own resolution is complete crap: the forum is the least effective method for communicating? Give me a break. We get a weekly email update, typically with no content whatsoever. How is that effective?

And then they complain that they spend too much time "devoted to issues dealing with the forum". That's called being a rep. Deal with it. Pilots are going to call you either scared or pissed about stuff they hear somewhere or another. Here's a crazy idea...why didn't our leadership actually have a presence on the forum? You know, use it as a tool? Don't feed me BS about lawyers. I've been around. I've seen union reps use forums as great platforms for squashing BS and spreading helpful info.

Remember when Cramer Mad Money had his poll for worst airline CEO ? When Fornaro won, Cramer made a comment that he suspected some airline employees were heavily involved in the award. One of the few times the AirTran pilot group pulled in the same direction.

It is ironic that the forum was shut down primarily to limit any further damage done to the pilot group. Damage done by someone whose job it was to protect them.

It wasn't worst airline CEO, it was Worst CEO. All CEOs were in the running. Yea, I agree there is plenty of blame to go around.

Never in the history of the world has restricting communication been a good thing. The pilot I'm currently flying with was a lurker who never ever posted on the forum but is quite angry that it has been shut down. He rattled off a solid 10 or so examples of good information he has gleaned off the forum, information that our MEC would never or could never communicate. Examples he mentioned: recent gear pin issues, hotel issues, scheduling issues, etc.

The first sentence of their own resolution is complete crap: the forum is the least effective method for communicating? Give me a break. We get a weekly email update, typically with no content whatsoever. How is that effective?

And then they complain that they spend too much time "devoted to issues dealing with the forum". That's called being a rep. Deal with it. Pilots are going to call you either scared or pissed about stuff they hear somewhere or another. Here's a crazy idea...why didn't our leadership actually have a presence on the forum? You know, use it as a tool? Don't feed me BS about lawyers. I've been around. I've seen union reps use forums as great platforms for squashing BS and spreading helpful info.

I agree.
It's another example of an out of touch leadership.
At least the weekly No news email told us to be happy for the SWA guys in ATL that now have an easier commute.

So sad, what will the wise and all knowing German named oracle do now? Such a waste that all of his self proclaimed 100% accurate predictions will no longer be disseminated. One can only hope to have his all-star 1000 batting average of correctness.

Another MEC decision without asking the pilots. It's truly amazing these people think they should make all major decisions. Yet we wonder why Airtran had the most recalls of any ALPA carrier in history.

If certain pilots did not like the forum, DONT GO THERE. DA.

ITs our dues, its our forum!

Latest resources

Back