Encounters With Arrogant Celebrity Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lead Sled said:
The guy who played Gentle Ben tried to get me to take an illegal 135 in a friends airplane.

Well, considering that Gentle Ben was a bear, that must have been a pretty scary experience.

Years ago a buddy of mine flew Mel Gibson out to the set of "Forever Young". Said Mel was the coolest guy he had ever met. Evidently back at the airport after the filming session Mel bought beer for some of the crew and invited my buddy along. Right on, Riggs!

When I was in class for my B737 type (which BTW still hasn't gotten me a call from SWA) I met the Marine who flew the Harrier for the "True Lies" sequence. Said Jamie Lee Curtis is REALLY flirty and pretty cool.

As far as I'm concerned, Andie McDowell can just catch on fire. Not only is she a royal beee-otch, she's a total wierdo.

Bob Hoover - super gentleman.

On a AA flight from DFW to CMH I sat in the back of the plane with David Carradine (Kill Bill, Kung Fu, etc.) He was travelling with a couple of guys, and they all looked stoned out of their mind. I didn't say anything to him just because I figure they enjoy being left alone.

The next night I was on a first date with the woman whose now my wife. We were sitting in the bar at the Hilton and I was telling her the story of how I sat next to the "grasshopper". Someone was playing piano in the bar, and as he finished, everyone clapped. Turning around, I noticed that it was him! I came up to him and asked him "are you following me"? I explained to him that I had sat near him on the AA flight the night before. I don't think he remembered, but he was a nice guy. He was there for a comic book convention.

Last edited:
There is some very good flying in that flick. It's not that easy to find. Your local video store won't have it, it's out of print, and the major online sources don't have it either. Good Luck.

Lilah

EagleRJ said:
I've encountered several a$$hole celebrities, but they've all been my passengers. Not many celebrities I can think of are pilots anyway. Let's see, Ford, Patrick Swayze, Christopher Reeve, John Travolta, Cliff Robertson, Kurt Russell, Charlton Heston- anyone else?

Tom Cruise flew into my local FBO once in a Pitts...Dont know if it was his or not, but he sure thought he was gods gift to aviation. Told me "not to scratch the paint on the plane" as I was fueling it. I asked him if he wanted to fuel it himself...(Prick)

Lilah said:
There is some very good flying in that flick. It's not that easy to find. Your local video store won't have it, it's out of print, and the major online sources don't have it either. Good Luck.

Lilah

Amazon.com has it. It'll cost a bit but its worth it. VHS only.

Limeyflyer said:
I met Jack Hanna the Animal Guy in Butler PA. He got off his Limo with his pilots and before he got on his Pilatus that he was flying in, took pictures with the limo driver, said hi to us and was very pleasant. Not to mention his six pack of Coors in his hand with a couple missing. Seemed like a cool guy to fly.
Limey, I can't believe you stole my avatar.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back