Encore VS 400XP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

172driver

Which has a more comfortable (larger) cockpit? Other factors to consider in choosing between the two at NJA?

It is a toss up as far as cockpit space, maybe the 400 by an inch or two. If it was my choice and knowing what I know about both planes I would take the Encore. The 400xp is a POS, that can't really do anything while the Encore is a decent jet.

Do you want to fly or sit at the FBO's. You will definitly fly more in the Encore than the 400, know people who upgraded over a year ago in the 400 and aren't off of high mins.

Well, as I was trying to decide, they cancelled the Encore class, so it's the 400XP in January for me. I'm just thrilled to have the job, in any airplane!

I'm just thrilled to have the job, in any airplane!

Welcome aboard.

Divorce those words from your vernacular ASAP. That and, "I'm just happy to be flying a jet." are equally destructive mindsets to your W2 earnings. You will enjoy the fact that you set your personal bar higher than that of recieving handouts on the street. You just scored a good job. You no longer need handouts and you will be compensated for your efforts.

I am sure that you are proud of accomplishments and background. You will, undoubtably, add to the collective talent of our pilot group.

Get through training. Learn your contract. Live your contract. Make money and enjoy your time off.

Welcome aboard dude.

Last edited:
Come on guys, settle down a little bit. I've been waiting for over two weeks since the interview and I got the good news today. I have been at a dying regional airline for almost four years, being beat up and threatened routinely, with my job and compensation at risk, pay cuts, bankruptcy, on and off reserve, terrible schedule, etc. Please don't blame me for being excited to join your company.

If you knew me, and maybe you will soon, you would not utter those accusations, though I do understand where they came from. Believe me, I am not a SJS victim, nor a pushover. People who know me would laugh if they saw you characterizing me that way. Your contract is in no jeopardy here, ok? I come from a pilot group that knows how to fight, to enforce a contract, to be professional, and to lead an industry, and I'm aware that I'm joining the same at NJA.

Maybe I should have said, I'm happy to have the job regardless of the aircraft I was assigned. While the 400XP would not have been my first choice, I will fly it and serve the owners with professionalism, within the bounds of the contract. Is that any better?

Welcome aboard.

You no longer need handouts and you will be compensated for your efforts.

Welcome aboard dude.

I wouldnt say that he won the lottery. It will be tough getting by until you upgrade, hopefully within 5 years. At that point you can pay off your debt from the previous 5 years, then in about 10 years you can start enjoying life.

Welcome aboard.

Come on guys, settle down a little bit. I've been waiting for over two weeks since the interview and I got the good news today. I have been at a dying regional airline for almost four years, being beat up and threatened routinely, with my job and compensation at risk, pay cuts, bankruptcy, on and off reserve, terrible schedule, etc. Please don't blame me for being excited to join your company.

If you knew me, and maybe you will soon, you would not utter those accusations, though I do understand where they came from. Believe me, I am not a SJS victim, nor a pushover. People who know me would laugh if they saw you characterizing me that way. Your contract is in no jeopardy here, ok? I come from a pilot group that knows how to fight, to enforce a contract, to be professional, and to lead an industry, and I'm aware that I'm joining the same at NJA.

Maybe I should have said, I'm happy to have the job regardless of the aircraft I was assigned. While the 400XP would not have been my first choice, I will fly it and serve the owners with professionalism, within the bounds of the contract. Is that any better?

Congrats! A big change from your regional and from what I've heard you will enjoy it.

Congrats 172driver & welcome aboard!

As you'll find out soon, NJA has its' issues, just as every company does. But, overall it's a pretty good place to be......certainly beats ALL the regionals.

As far as what a/c to choose? Just take the first available class!

See ya next year.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back