EMPIRE (FED EX Feeder) Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ICT FO's

I start class on the 15th for one of the Captain F-27 slots in Wichita.... At my interview on Oct 27 they said they were looking for an FO for Wichita ....

fogrunner said:
The word from whom?? You talking about the EVA or Thai a/c? Unless we get MD11 freighters the pax 11s will take a while to get converted. Unless we have a mass exodus I don't see hiring for the 10 until maybe May/June.
Of course I have been wrong in the past. We shall see..........

Hey Fogrunner -
The buzz is coming from, among others the instructors at Alteon. I heard the rumor about the Thai airplanes, but as I understood it that deal fell through or was about to fall through. The rumored fourth airframe is coming from some other operator. This is just what I've been hearing on a consistant basis from folks at a higher pay lavel than myself (although right now that's not saying much.) Far be it from me to speculate on the future because, to quote Bob Buck, I'm so new I practically squeak.

imacdog said:
Is Empire currently looking for FOs for the Seattle base?
Sorry but they are F/O fat right now. But it doesn't hurt to have a resume on file. ICT and AFW are the only hiring bases.

ATRCAPT said:
Hey Fogrunner -
The buzz is coming from, among others the instructors at Alteon. I heard the rumor about the Thai airplanes, but as I understood it that deal fell through or was about to fall through. The rumored fourth airframe is coming from some other operator. This is just what I've been hearing on a consistant basis from folks at a higher pay lavel than myself (although right now that's not saying much.) Far be it from me to speculate on the future because, to quote Bob Buck, I'm so new I practically squeak.[
Wheres my beer? I'm reaching critical sobriety.

Bobo135R said:
I start class on the 15th for one of the Captain F-27 slots in Wichita.... At my interview on Oct 27 they said they were looking for an FO for Wichita ....
Thank goodness, the cavalry cometh. Have you been flying the tankers? The ICT run is easy and everyone is laid back (this job is as easy or hard as you make it) and great if you have kids because your home all day long and its only four nights a week. Welcome aboard.

ATRCAPT said:
Hey Fogrunner -
The buzz is coming from, among others the instructors at Alteon. I heard the rumor about the Thai airplanes, but as I understood it that deal fell through or was about to fall through. The rumored fourth airframe is coming from some other operator.

Wouldn't it be the fifth MD, or are you saying an additional 4 a/c. It certainly would be nice. I know back in August/September 04, they were very close to getting 3 MDs until FedEx came in and grabbed them

the guys flying the atr in se will get a surprise in the turbulence and the auto kicks off. dosen't take much and people are becomming reliant on it. i get questions like why did you hand fly that approach when the auto will do it. oh my gosh it is going to be a fun winter with the newbies. flew the f last week fun but damn they are loud. sitting in oak with a broke plane. peace out 'g'

So what would anyone say are the chances of getting SEA based fairliy quickly? Also what is the word on captains out of that base? I also noticed nothing on the forum of pay and benefits, etc... Any input would help. Just wondering.. living in PDX but want to find a flying job that I can be home a lot (if possible) if I move to SEA.

Latest resources

Back