EMPIRE (FED EX Feeder) Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thunderworm said:
f&b give me a call on the fx deal. i sent in my referral will see what is going to happen.blingair we need you back in sea we have poeple like harry potter upgrading over here although he left for mso. atrcpt overnight me an asian woman. not too tall and no english.
You ever see some guy before he goes to prison and then see him a year later? Theres not much to do but workout and make booze out of urine and shoe leather. My point is I pity the fool who thinks he can sleep in my bed or fly my posistion while I'm gone. (in reality I've been eating fast food and sitting on my a$$ for 9 months).

psysix said:
How senior is the SEA base?
When it comes to bases, senority has little to do with anything. Its only sought after if a person is from the Washington/Oregon area. Our jumpseating agreements are poor which makes commuting difficult and unrealible. Other than that no one prefers it simply because its a better quality of life. In fact a SEA based guy works three times as much as any other base Empire has and for exactly the same pay. Because Empire is a small, non-union company, bases, bidding and senority mean almost nothing. Basicly you go where and do as the company wishes.

SEA works hard? I had this conversation with the head honcho in dispatch, and he told me that the SEA guys had more time off than anyone in the system. He said we had no reason to complain. This was in the middle of my 6 months with no RX. Welcome back to the gravy train Mr. Air, a little slice of heaven we call the SEA base.
But then when compared to ICT it is probably its own little Eden.

fokkers&beer said:
SEA works hard? I had this conversation with the head honcho in dispatch, and he told me that the SEA guys had more time off than anyone in the system. He said we had no reason to complain. This was in the middle of my 6 months with no RX. Welcome back to the gravy train Mr. Air, a little slice of heaven we call the SEA base.
But then when compared to ICT it is probably its own little Eden.
For those so far from the front line (R.E.M.F.s) its hard to see over the horizon. SEA isn't hard work, its a lot of work but those who chose it are rewarded with more than money. Did a checkride the other day with Mr. P. and he said the automation of the ATR has sanitized the run and basicly anyone can do it. At least the F keeps you humble and sharp. Hows the 10?

The 10 is more like the F, and the ATR I guess is more like the 11 (so I have been told). The 10 has a huge tail, and a state of the art 1968 avionics suite (lots of switches and dials). The 11 has a smaller tail, and an efis display. Amazing how you leave something, and find out its just more of the same.
I'll say it again, I just loved the F, and some nights it was hard, but I always felt glad it was my aircraft in SE. It kept me sharp and I had total faith in the old machines.
ATR's, and hair gel just don't seem to belong in S.E.

fokkers&beer said:
The 10 is more like the F, and the ATR I guess is more like the 11 (so I have been told). The 10 has a huge tail, and a state of the art 1968 avionics suite (lots of switches and dials). The 11 has a smaller tail, and an efis display. Amazing how you leave something, and find out its just more of the same.
I'll say it again, I just loved the F, and some nights it was hard, but I always felt glad it was my aircraft in SE. It kept me sharp and I had total faith in the old machines.
ATR's, and hair gel just don't seem to belong in S.E.
I couldn't agree with you more. The F is a honest machine that keeps you sharp and humble.

ATRCAPT said:
Word is we're getting another MD11 so hiring will start after the first of the year for both airframes.

The word from whom?? You talking about the EVA or Thai a/c? Unless we get MD11 freighters the pax 11s will take a while to get converted. Unless we have a mass exodus I don't see hiring for the 10 until maybe May/June.
Of course I have been wrong in the past. We shall see..........

Is Empire currently looking for FOs for the Seattle base?

Latest resources

Back