• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Empire airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Witchita and Midland airplanes are based at the outstations and fly into AFW at night, sit for a couple of hours and return to their respective bases. I think they are both about 3 hours roundtrip. The hot reserve crew will live in AFW and either show for reserve every night or pull the reserve from home. That crew could be used for anything, and go anywhere. New hires on the F start at about $27,000/yr. When you're in MIA for sim enjoy free booze at the hotel from 5 to 7! Good luck.

What would be the pay for a street capt. on the F27 be? how much longer will the F be flying at empire? Is it conceivable that after the F goes away, one would have to go back to the right seat in the ATR, or would it be possible to go to the van? Thanks!

fokkers&beer said:
If you don't like to work, the SEA base ain't for you. I don't know who told you you wouldn't be working much. When I was there I flew somewhere in the mid 800's per year, and was in JNU at least a weekend a month (sometimes 2 weekends in a row in the summers). When you figure in a week in YVR, and then shipping you to CWA on your reserve week, you have just been gone for a month straight. And then the next week your back in SE.
After you get a couple of years of flying the SEA base under your belt, come on back and talk with the dude about not working much and all the time off you have.
Amen. FNGs.

What is the Starting Pay For FO in the ATR??? What could an FO in the ATR expect for a schedule in SEA??? I've been trying for the Van in SEA...but seems like very little movement in that side of the house..
Any insight would be great!

PS..any jumpseat benefits with SEA airlines???

Last edited:
Junior2 said:
What is the Starting Pay For FO in the ATR??? What could an FO in the ATR expect for a schedule in SEA??? I've been trying for the Van in SEA...but seems like very little movement in that side of the house..
Any insight would be great!

PS..any jumpseat benefits with SEA airlines???
F-27/ATR-42 F/Os= $25k a year. SEA base: Run #1- Sea-Ktn-sit-jnu (ron) jnu-sit-ktn-sea. You do this for two weeks straight. Run #2- Yvr-oak (three hour layover) oak-yvr. 5 days a week. Run #3-anywhere within the system. You may be based somewhere but it means very little when it comes to flying outside of your domicile. Plan on being on the road for several weeks at a time with a reserve week as your time off. We have the standard jumpseats agreements with a limited amount of carriers. Besides a few gents who jump on Horizon from PDX-SEA, communting is frowned upon. Hope this helps. Bling.

From what I can remember, Empire could never get enough Caravan guys to fly ANC. They are going to put a couple of ATR's up ther so don't know what that will do to the number of Caravans, but it should take away a couple of dual qualified guys, and use them more in the 121 program.

Any word on AFW being a base? When and what airplanes. Whats the upgrade like on that side? QOL and any other info would be great.

Pilotyip, I am shocked! Are you looking to move? (lol)

I am sure you will have your hands too full with hiring right there in you backyard to go to empire. Maybe this time around only recruit the "swingwingers" and the ones with skeletons.. I know when my buds that are looking for that fixed wing job call me about working at USA I will tell them "go," but here are the caveats to expect, it beats the regional, however time will not come as fast as the regional, pay (well it depends which way the wind is blowing, but the new surfacing on the parking lot is nice so money must still be in there somewhere), and qol is based upon rules set without your input (b/c unions are evil)... That is the short and dirty.

But USA is a good place for the helo guys and it works for you. Where else can they go, at least for a few years?

Yea sameold it will be a new challenge, it ain't nothing we ain't seen before. 2000-2001 pickings were real slim, but we hired alot of your fellow pilots who are still with us, so something must be working. Helo guys are great can not get enought of them. Guys leaving are not having any problems finding jobs, so maybe that will be the new recruting tool. How is your job search going?

Intel.. for USA... interesting... (that is how rumors get started, lol!)

Yep, its a nice bridge between the helo guys and USA, but the treatment they have received is what bums me out, and the fact is b/c their hours are so low they have no choice. I would like to see them get organized and give themselves a voice and not just have to accept whatever ideas mgt comes up with. A little pay/job security, and some input in "defined" work rules and we both now it would be a first and last step for many more (not just the ones who can't leave) and would this equal overall saving with lower training costs...

As for me, I have heard it said, "the time to look for a job is when you have a job." I have my eye on a certain corporate gig no matter what or where I am flying. So look while I have a job, I will.

Good day

Latest resources

Back