Emirates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wafu39 said:

Flight crews are treated like royalty over their. For example, country clubs will have signs that say " members only or flight crew.

Wow, the doo-doo seems to be getting a wee bit deep around here! It figures, the day I leave my boots at home!

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** you got me. I go around the internet all day making up stories of people I know and inflating their incomes so as to influence unsuspecting pilots to take a position with the false promises of a high income.

I'm just telling you what my friend who lives in Dubai told me.
If you dont believe the country club line, fine!
I dont really give a #*$%.

I think the salaries are pretty much as DC10 said, However after talking to some of their pilots its sounds like they get alot of benefits, they pay I think 80% of private school tuition, full medical, car allowance and I think they also had a living allowance. I talked to a Canadian who is now a Captain for them and he said when he arrived his house was all ready- telephone and tv already hooked up.. I believe they also pickup crew members at home when you have a trip and drop you off at airport in company shuttle..( I dont find it to hard hard to believe they get golf priviledges at a club-- I doubt they give you the keys to the city or anything)
Bottom line is how bad do you want to live in Middle east, especially in todays enviroment

Did anyone else think the same thing as me? That maybe "flight crew members only" was not a GOOD thing...maybe they know more about us than most people do.

Not everyone in the middle east hates us. Especially not a moderate countey like Emirates. Don't worry they won't lynch you at the country club.

No I dont think every one hates us - not even in Iran. But even if 10% do it is still uncomfortable. Dubai is very European- women wear what they want they have chilis and appleebees and drink alcohol.. The philosophy of the govt was we need foreigners to help us build our country so we need to give the foreigners what they need to feel as comfortable as they do in their own country. However as a international pilot you will leave Dubai and they fly to all the wonderful places where they may not like you as much. My company has had several instances where Islamic militants or whatever have come into hotel wanting all the Americans turned over or given them notice to leave or we"ll be back! Little stuff like that can ruin an overnight. Even in Europe a couple of months ago I have had numerous anti american demonstrations.. All I want to do is walk across the street for a cup of coffee and people are burning US flags, Lighting George Bush on fire and everything else.. All Im saying is with the present tensions in Israel, and Iraq that some of these people are getting stirred up and it is not the same place it was one or two years ago

Latest resources

Back