Emirates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rwelch

Does anyone have any information on Emirates Airlines in Dubai?
Is it a good or bad place to work?

A friend of mine lives in Dubai and says Emirates is great place to work . They are planning huge growth and benefits are good.
Flight crews are treated like royalty over their. For example, country clubs will have signs that say " members only or flight crew".

If you can make it through their application you deserve a job. They want every aircraft you've ever flown with hours in each and weight of each in Kilograms.

I guess just putting B757/767 doesn't provide them with enough information!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah. apparently all their F/As are either European or Australian and they all look like models, so it sounds like an awesome place to work.

Good luck.

has anyone been hired by just filing out aprox weights and skipping all of the bug smashers they've flown? Cause I don't wana go thru that ordeal!

Country clubs say "Members only or Flight Crew"......

ok.....

where did ya hear THAT!!!

for info on emirates go to www.pprune.org. There is alot of stuff on emirates there. I have a friend that is a 777 sim instructor for them and makes over $US 200k a year. They are one of the only airlines I understand that can compete paywise, with the US majors. I guess it all depends on if you want to be based in Dubai. Understand 1 thing about going to fly in another country, their labor unions are almost non-existant as compared to ours.

Spoke too soon.
It works.
Thanks again for the info

Yes, But.....

Sure, Emirates is a fine airline to work for, but it's not quite as exotic as some would have you believe. Starting pay is around $46,000 as a new hire FO and senior captain pay is around $120,000. The great thing about this is that it's a tax free salary. However, if you are a US citizen, the US govt taxes you on your citizenship rather than your residency. This means that anything you make over $70,000 a year in any country, you will have to pay US income tax on whether you live in the US or not.

You will be based in Dubai which is a pleasant enough city for that part of the world, however it will get pretty old pretty quickly. As a junior pilot, expect to do 6 day trips and have 8 days off a month. As a senior pilot, expect 11-13 days off a month if you are lucky. This is bearable (just) if you are single but how excited is your wife going to be spending up to 22 days a month in Dubai without you?

Admittedly, the prestige of being a flight crewmember in the Middle East is higher than in Europe or the US, but I have never seen a sign reading anything resembling:
"Members only or Flight Crew" anywhere in the world.

We have some overnights in the same hotels as emirirates-- and for the record their FAs are not all models.... But I will admit that I have lusted over a few of them!

I have a friend that is a 777 sim instructor for them and makes over $US 200k a year. They are one of the only airlines I understand that can compete paywise, with the US majors.
You gotta love the internet!!!LOL

Latest resources

Back