• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates US Road Shows?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was at the New York road show. One thing she made clear, they will change the qualification filtering as much as and as often as needed to get enough candidates. Another Captain at my airline has an interview about the same time as me and he's never been on the 700. SO......if you want to work there and want to live in Dubai......APPLY !!!!!

I can understand wanting to work for Emirates but I can't imagine anyone who "wants" to live in Dubai. I spent ten months there.

What?????:confused:

Employment as an expat is not about the company or the airplane, it is about the life style abroad because the new airplane smell will fade away in the first 90 days tops! And I'm not talking about this job in particular but rather all expat opportunities, the concept that a job at brand "X" is appealing because the company is good and you will be flying a nice airplane and because of that you will put up with a place that is not of your liking is simply not going to work; you have to enjoy where you live and you have to embrace the differences and approach it with a certain sense of adventure if not you will be disappointed regardless of the heavy iron and pay

Does anyone know where recently hired (say, last 2 years or so) CRJ/ERJ pilots get placed at Emirates (which fleet)? Do they tend to go to the 777 fleet more than to the Airbus fleet? Anyone got an estimate breakdown?

Sounds like the Airbus fleet will be the growth fleet going forward (excluding the recent 30+ 777 order at Farnborough). Something like 90 A380s and potentially 100 A350s incoming down the road...

All of my buddies who were CRJ pilots are now on the 330. They were hired in late 2007.

Of the last 23 US pilots hired, going back to last year when they began hiring again, 19 to the Boeing (including the last 7) and 4 to the Airbus. This is as of todays Seniority list. I don't know what type of airplane they were flying before coming to EK. uba757

Emirates will place you based on when you join and what classes are running at that time. Only if there are classes on both Airbus and Boeing will they attempt to take into account your experience. They are currently in an "all hands on deck" mode, particularly on the Boeing so if you start in the next 6-8 months, you would most likely go on the Boeing as that is where the largest shortfall currently exists. There will be some Airbus classes due to guys moving to the 380.

Latest resources

Back