Emirates US Road Shows?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Varmint

Did anyone attend the road show today (monday)? If so, were interview slots offered after the presentation as they did a couple of years ago?

Thanks.

I went to the Miami road show yesterday, had been to one in Chicago 2 years ago (or so). I received an email from Emirates a short while back stating they had dropped their 55 ton requirement (see below), so I went hopeful to secure an interview as they offered in previous Info Sessions. The dog and pony show they put up is really pathetic, all they talk about is how good they are, how they sponsor so many teams/events worldwide, how beautiful their new headquarters is, how beautiful their housing/villas are, etc. They say nothing in regards to being overworked, making your life impossible to take vacation, long upgrade times, etc, in essence, reality. I have 2 friends at Emirates, and it is definitely NOT like they picture it, but it still is pretty decent.

Well it turns out they dropped their 55T requirement to 30 tons. That directly contradicts what the email says. Somehow I have 8000 hours in state of the art business jets, international experience, 5 type ratings, IP experience, yet I am not worthy to fly a 777??

Anyways, I mention this in case some are going to these sessions hoping to get an interview based on the dropped 55T requirement. Don't waste your time. I stood up in the middle of the info session, questioned the recruiters why 30T when I have email in my iPhone on hand saying weight requirement dropped altogether, she says rudely she doesn't know where that email came from. I told them they are liars and walk out of the room. Made me waste a morning for nothing.

Thanks for the update. I guess I'll put off going to the road shows this round, since my RJ time is mostly 50 seaters 2500 and only 800 70 seater time. Were there many people at the open house?

I went to the one in Houston. Very informative about the company and the lifestyle that you can expect. As far as I know, there weren't any offers for interviews.

Yeah very informative, like what the nazi's told the Jews about "relocation". LOL. They paint a glossy picture, the reality is somewhat different. Please do your research and come with a very open mind and you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the info guys. I heard that they pulled the rug switch on the MEM info session and moved it to a different location within an hour of it starting. That must have been great for those who were flying in.

Ever heard of the saying "its their train set"?

They set the standard they want or that the industry dictates. They have come off the 55t requirement down to as someone stated 30t. Frankly it is silly but its "their train set"!!

To me there really is not much difference between the RJs whether it be a 200/700/900, 135/145 bla bla. And no a 900 is not a "heavy" as one RJ pilot tried to tell me.

It would be far easier for an RJ pilot to transition to a 77 than a 72 or DC10 guy who has never been exposed to glass.

Also do you actually think they are going to say,

We are going to work you to death!

Give you lower quaility housing!

Decrease your benefit package year over year!

Of course not!!!

pprune.org has the most info on EK.

cliff
LFW

Then how come plenty of CAs from 9E have been hired at EK this year? We are talking about CRJ-200 pilots.

Hi!

From what I was told and read, the minimums have changed a lot, up and down...much of the mins are NOT posted on the site. My application has not been rejected (some were, right away), and I don't have 2000 over 30 tonnes. I DO have over 4000 and almost 4000 jet, and SOME heavy time.

I would not be surprised if some in HR are saying "X" are the mins, and others saying "Y", on the same day. They are very busy, and I believe that they are having a more and more difficult time finding suitable applicants. If you are interested, apply. If they say "NO", wait a month, and apply again.

cliff
LFW

Latest resources

Back