Emirates: travel to interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bigsky

I was curious as I had an email inviting me to the selection process...It looks like they will not provide travel for your spouse. Does anyone know for sure what they will do, if anything as far as bringing your spouse with you?
Personally I have spent enough time in Dubai to know what I'm getting into but wanted the boss to make the command decision.

Your best bet, albeit the most expensive option, would be to buy your wife a ticket on the same flights that you'll be travelling on.

If you don't have the cash to spare for something like that then get her an ID-90.

EK will not pay for a spouse. If you have current non-rev benefits on any carriers that fly to DXB, I would send her that way its the cheapest option. Hobbs is correct that the best option would be to buy a ticket to guarantee her being there.

No...they are still only advertising for FO's.
I was wondering about the travel for spouses as they seem to stress they want you to bring your spouse with you.....just surprised they dont offer travel!
Thanks for all the responses!

12 interviewees day x 3 days week x 48 weeks year = you do the math

(thats a lot of women who love/hate/want to shop to keep track of)

I totally understand, and dont blame them for not bringing over spouses ect....
However I have spent years flying in and out of that area but it complicates things greatly when your wife sees it for the first time and says..OH hell No! Would probably be best to realize if this is doable for her early on.

However I have spent years flying in and out of that area but it complicates things greatly when your wife sees it for the first time and says..OH hell No! Would probably be best to realize if this is doable for her early on.

Actually the reason Emirates encourages you to bring spouse along is so if the "hell no" is going to happen, it happens before you have taken the job, not after you are settled in place....spent 20+ years in the Gulf, (still here)...ner worried about turning accidently into the wrong neighborhood and getting car-jacked...etc....etc...

I was curious as I had an email inviting me to the selection process...It looks like they will not provide travel for your spouse. Does anyone know for sure what they will do, if anything as far as bringing your spouse with you?
Personally I have spent enough time in Dubai to know what I'm getting into but wanted the boss to make the command decision.

I understand wanting to save cash, but... spring some cash for wife to come with you on Emirates flight to DXB.

Don't be a typical airline pilot cheapskate. ;)

I agree with this point - find out early if your spouse will like it. If you read Pprune (with a grain of salt), many stories of broken marriages and unhappy people. That said, other people seem to like it and thrive in that type of environment. Better to spend the money and get the green/red light early.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back