• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates: Latest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are taking only jet time right now. Talked to a guy who had 1500hr jet as a FO and then upgraded to Brasilia capt. and they wouldn't interview him because there was no way he was gonna reach the 2000 min in the near future.

This is true. Only i transitioned back to the jet and now need 400 more hours before i get a class date.

Hi!

Reportedly, the EK recruiter mentioned US basing as a possiblity in the future.

cliff
YIP

Thats interesting news! When I talked to the recruiter its was definately no basing outside Dubai but to expect alot more US flights and advertising over the next year or so. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Just got short listed today. Anyone know how long from short list to call for interview?

Hi!

If U R hired as a "normal" FO U have to be there 3 years. They have a special program if U come in capt qualified already, U are supposed to upgrade in 1 year. They are also hiring DECs (Direct Entry Captains) if U meet the mins and pass the more difficult sim and interview.

cliff
YIP

Anyone that has interviewed with EK lately that brought thier wife along? Did you buy her a ticket on Emirates or did you fly her on someone else to Dubai. It looks like most airlines are half the price. Presently my wife refuses to buy a ticket on Emirates and would rather fly Lufthansa or someone.

Hi!

Yeah, that is one thing at Emirates that REALLY bugs me. They want us to move there with our families and stay for a long time, but they aren't willing to pay to bring our spouses with us for the interview week.

If I apply there, I will tell them they need to get both my wife and I a seat to Dubai. If they refuse, I'm not going to the interview. If they really want us to bring our families, they will make it work. If they don't want our families there, I'm not going.

cliff
YIP

Hi!

If U R hired as a "normal" FO U have to be there 3 years. They have a special program if U come in capt qualified already, U are supposed to upgrade in 1 year. They are also hiring DECs (Direct Entry Captains) if U meet the mins and pass the more difficult sim and interview.

cliff
YIP

That is not quite true. There is an accelerated upgrade program after 18 months if no FO's are available who meet the 3 year criteria. It amazes me that someone who doesn't even work here can be such an expert.

For times to command, there are a few threads on PPRUNE where guys have run the numbers based on deliveries and to me their conclusions ring true. Check out the following link:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=305587

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back