• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates: Latest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, now the question is "When I go to Dubai to interview, will I bring my wife with me?"

It seems that if they are looking for us to be able to show a commitment to break ties with the Mother Land, then they will bring the Unit with us so we can check the joint out.

Dick Gozinya

Bring Wifey along

Let me rephrase the question,

Can I bring my wife with me?

Dick Gozinya

I would suggest that you bring the wife along.

If your married and you do not bring your wife, it's just asking for trouble.

There are stories of guys interviewing, and the wife came along. Looked at Dubai for a day or so, and said no way are we living here.

If you are serious about the position at EK, bring the wife. Absolutely so.

Unfortunately EK does NOT pay for your spouses ticket. I know that sucks..... but that is the way it stands now.
Just one of the many things that EK does that isn't right. If you come be prepared to realize that.

Come armed with lots of questions, and not blinded by the Big Shiney Jet syndrome. It is after all just a job.

PITA

Last edited:
Hi!

Yeah, that is one thing at Emirates that REALLY bugs me. They want us to move there with our families and stay for a long time, but they aren't willing to pay to bring our spouses with us for the interview week.

If I apply there, I will tell them they need to get both my wife and I a seat to Dubai. If they refuse, I'm not going to the interview. If they really want us to bring our families, they will make it work. If they don't want our families there, I'm not going.

cliff
YIP

Then you may want to change your avatar.

Respectfully,

fv

Don't Need To Jumpseat to Dubai

I am only an applicant to Emirates, so this information is only from what I have found during my research....it appears that Emirates did not provide travel to Dubai for the applicants in the past. It looks like you needed to swim over a few ponds, jumpseat, or buy a ticket.

For me, after looking at all of the pros and cons, this looks like a place I could work at----and shed some calories working my butt off too.

Good luck to all.

Merry Christmas and a Great 2008!

V

Anyone have any idea of people that have had success getting their own housing on the economy?

What about the rapid rising inflation?

Thanks,

Dick Gozinya

Latest resources

Back