• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates Interview and certificates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the interview lasts three days, how many days do you get to travel? What i am asking for is the total days i need to take off for the interview process. I imagine 1 day travel before and after for a total of 5.

thanks for the help.

If the interview lasts three days, how many days do you get to travel? What i am asking for is the total days i need to take off for the interview process. I imagine 1 day travel before and after for a total of 5.

thanks for the help.

I just got notice that I am on the shortlist for an interview so I am hoping to go in the coming months. If you do go plan on being there for about a week to be safe.
Now for the rest of you what will the accept in place of the logbook endorsement from the company? I would cost me lots of money and time to go to my companies HQ to try and get some one to sign my logbook for me.
Thanks

thanks for the help.

Bailey is right plan on a week.

I just got notice that I am on the shortlist for an interview so I am hoping to go in the coming months. If you do go plan on being there for about a week to be safe.
Now for the rest of you what will the accept in place of the logbook endorsement from the company? I would cost me lots of money and time to go to my companies HQ to try and get some one to sign my logbook for me.
Thanks

You leave on Day 1 from your Home airport and arrive in DXB via JFK or IAH the next day. Day 3,4,5 will be the assessment and Day 6 will be your travel day back.

As far as your logbook is concerned try to get something that states your flight times with your current company, even if it is not signed. If you're unable to get that (Boss is threatening to fire you or something like that), don't worry about it. Bring your logbooks (Signed by you), explain the situation and that will be accepted at the interview.

Once you get hired by EK and resign your current job your current employer will have to give you some sort of certification for your flight times.

Just curious, when will the hiring for the A380 FO slots begin? I am not interested in applying but I am sure other people are curious too.

Just curious, when will the hiring for the A380 FO slots begin? I am not interested in applying but I am sure other people are curious too.

Answer to that question is uncertain. My guess is that it will happen at some point in the future, but probably not until late 2009 or 2010. The company has stated the requirements though and they are:

-4000 hours total time
-2000 jet hours
-1000 on A330/340 or other wide-body jet

That last one being the difficult one for someone coming form the U.S. Lots of foreign national airlines will have guys that meet those requirements.

Typhoonpilot

That last one being the difficult one for someone coming form the U.S. Lots of foreign national airlines will have guys that meet those requirements.

How long is the seat lock if you get hired into the 777? Could you theoretically upgrade from the RHS 777 to the LHS on the A380?

Oh, and happy birthday! :)

How long is the seat lock if you get hired into the 777? Could you theoretically upgrade from the RHS 777 to the LHS on the A380?

Oh, and happy birthday! :)

Seat lock is three years. They do not do transition upgrades anymore, so the answer is no. You could theoretically go from the B777 to the A380 as a first officer after three years then upgrade on type after two more years.

TP

Seat lock is three years. They do not do transition upgrades anymore, so the answer is no. You could theoretically go from the B777 to the A380 as a first officer after three years then upgrade on type after two more years.

TP

TP--I'm assuming you mean A to B and vice-versa. If you had 3 years on the 777 and the 748I shows up, would you be eligible before a 340 FO? TC

TP--I'm assuming you mean A to B and vice-versa. If you had 3 years on the 777 and the 748I shows up, would you be eligible before a 340 FO? TC

I presume you are referring to the newer, bigger 747-400F. How many will Emirates be getting? When will they start to arrive? I wonder if that will be of interest to the current 777 pilots?

Latest resources

Back