Emirates Interview and certificates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Scarabus

"If an individual holds a plastic type license, it must be accompanied by a letter from the regulatory authority to confirm that the license is valid."

This is from the pilot briefing document. I called the faa and they said that this is something that the company must do. Not me.

Has anyone else had to deal with this?
Thanks.

Unfortunately, I think the individual at the FAA that you spoke with may not have been familiar with what you are asking. You can get a verification letter sent out from the FAA, but it is sent to you (not Emirates) and then you can forward on to the recruitment office at emirates. Look on the FAA sight under Airman certification or call 866 878 2498. They can email it to you via a pdf file. It's a quick process.

Emirates is going to want company documentation of your last recurrent check ride to back up your license.

I interviewed on Dec. 15 2007 and this is want they wanted from me. Id go with whatever you can get easier FAA verification or Company verification. Also they are VERY ambiguous about what documents they want from you when you show up, but if you don't have what they want it won't disqualify you for the job. They will give you the opportunity to get the required documentation to them.

Hey BMP2003, couple questions for ya. Did you go to a recruitment session to schedule an interview or did you do it conventionally online? If you did it online, how long from shortlist to interview call? Thanks!

Sioux115 i applied on line and then about 2 weeks later got a call to START the interview process in Atlanta. In Atlanta i completed the Sim ride. Because they made a mistake and called me to interview 600 hours below their mins im just now going to dubia. Next week actually 3-9 through 3-11. sorry it took so long for a reply hopefully you already got a call to interview, seems to happen pretty fast.

Flying a 777 Internationally - Check out this clip

For those of you who want a glimpse of what it is like to fly a 777 internationally (as you would for EK), here's a clip from an Austrian 777 flight from Vienna to Kuala Lampur and onto Sydney last summer I believe. Looks like a nice bird.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JustPlanes

Latest resources

Back