• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates Interview and certificates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 747-800 Freighters will go very senior, if they are flown by Emirates aircrew. There is a 50/50 chance they will be flown by someone else (Atlas).

I would imagine that current B777 pilots will have a leg up on the Airbus pilots as it should be a shorter transition course. A policy has not come out and probably won't until such time as management decides who will fly it.

TP

The 747-800I is the pax version of the -800 freighter that EK already has on order.

They are looking for a high-capacity pax aircraft for DXB-LAX. I guess they will be starting service with the 777-200LX...

TP is right--until they get the airplane, everything is conjecture. TC

The 747-800I is the pax version of the -800 freighter that EK already has on order.

They are looking for a high-capacity pax aircraft for DXB-LAX. I guess they will be starting service with the 777-200LX...

It's the 777-200LR ("Longer Range"). I would've like XR better too though... ;)

I don't think EK has ordered any 747-800i yet. I remember having read an interview with Tim Clark where said that Boeing can't give them the range necessary to do DXB-LAX with 747-800 at profitable Loads.

Ok, here's a quote I found from Oct. 2007:

On the 747-8 passenger model, Clark says configuration isn't quite where Emirates wants it, at least not yet. The carrier wants to transport about 400 people from Dubai to Los Angeles. Here, too, Clark is concerned about weight growth, which would greatly affect that very long-range route.

Cheers,
Sun'n Fun

Last edited:
It's the 777-200LR ("Longer Range"). I would've like XR better too though... ;)

I don't think EK has ordered any 747-800i yet. I remember having read an interview with Tim Clark where said that Boeing can't give them the range necessary to do DXB-LAX with 747-800 at profitable Loads.

Ok, here's a quote I found from Oct. 2007:

Cheers,
Sun'n Fun

Has Emirates ordered the freighter version of the 747-800 yet? You would think with the burgeoning trade out of that area and the new airport facilities on the way that the 747-800 freighter might make sense - even if Atlas operates them.

Has Emirates ordered the freighter version of the 747-800 yet? You would think with the burgeoning trade out of that area and the new airport facilities on the way that the 747-800 freighter might make sense - even if Atlas operates them.

AFAIK they've got 10 747-8 Freighters on order plus 10 Options.

777-200LR--as in "long range". I'm a little slow... ;) TC

Latest resources

Back