• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates and Logbooks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
not trying to hijack the thread, just ignorant on the dealings with these foreign carriers... can you live in the state and commute? Is there any fear of them not paying you (basically how professional are these guys?)... sorry, just started reading this board, never thought about the foreign carriers until recently.

Thanks

Ok so just to clarify, a letter from the company or chief pilot stating your hours is good enough?

Ok so just to clarify, a letter from the company or chief pilot stating your hours is good enough?

No, I would say that you need ALL logbooks. I took the books, my little red books that I use on a daily basis, the electronic printout logbook, and the copy of my training records. This accompanyied (sp) the letter stating that he had review all my logbooks and would verify they were accurate from my CP. I gave them everything, then I let them sort it out. I would say the more infok, the better.

By the way, the guy that signed my logbooks just happened to be one of my references. I noted this on the reference list and with the logbook.

DG

Last edited:
Also, just had another friend interview last week. They have changed the schedule a bit. First day you sit down and do the logbook interview with the checkpilot. I am sure they also look at this as a get acquainted time. Then you fly the sim. The profile remains the same, except he was flying the A3--, he stated it had steam gauges FWIW.

DG

The official answer from Emirates recruiting on logbooks is this:

The acceptable ways of having logbooks verified are:

1. Logbook stamped and signed by Chief Pilot, Operations Director
or equivalent. Some have succeeded in having the FAA sign their logbook,
that has been accepted so far by our CAA.

2. If no stamp then a verification letter from the previous
company(ies) stating Aircraft types, hours as CDR and as FO on those
types BUT...the last 3 pages of the logbook must reflect detailed
description of the last few months of flying (normally 3).

These rules are needed for us to establish proof both to the GCAA and to
Emirates Flight Operations that this is the actual experience of the
pilot.

Typhoonpilot

What is the official word on electronic logbooks?
I have an electronic logbook which can be printed in the Jeppensen logbook format. Would that be okay?

Thanks

What is the official word on electronic logbooks?
I have an electronic logbook which can be printed in the Jeppensen logbook format. Would that be okay?

Thanks

I use LogbookPro and had my logbook printed in the Jeppesen Style and signed. That was accepted. It was not bound, just in a regular 3-hole binder.

Latest resources

Back