• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The official answer from Emirates recruiting on logbooks is this:

The acceptable ways of having logbooks verified are:

1. Logbook stamped and signed by Chief Pilot, Operations Director
or equivalent. Some have succeeded in having the FAA sign their logbook,
that has been accepted so far by our CAA.

2. If no stamp then a verification letter from the previous
company(ies) stating Aircraft types, hours as CDR and as FO on those
types BUT...the last 3 pages of the logbook must reflect detailed
description of the last few months of flying (normally 3).

These rules are needed for us to establish proof both to the GCAA and to
Emirates Flight Operations that this is the actual experience of the
pilot.

Typhoonpilot

What about previous 121 carriers? 4 for me including 1 that no longer exists.

Thanks.

Have it signed on the last page and should be fine. I, also worked for companies that no longer exist, but as long as you have the last page signed/stamped or have a letter from your current employer verifying your time it's all good.

My current company will sign the logbooks, but my previous employers are not as considerate, so therein lies the problem.

Also has anyone interviewed with a printout of an electronic logbook?

I am short of the 4000TT so no soup for me as of yet but in the open house they said "Your current employer verified your log books during screening for there. Your current employer vouches for what you have done there and the time before your current employment is also verified by that stamp." You don't need specifically a stamp in your book. You can also have a letter and they will pre verify your stuff before the interview if that makes you more comfortable. They have to get your stuff past the UAE FAA. Since they have pilots from like 80 countries that makes a big mess for them. Your log book is subjected mostly to honesty anyway. They have to have some way to justify telling the UAE FAA that your times are accurate.

Is Emirates automatically out if your first logbook was lost?

My first logbook was lost during the move from Hawaii to the mainland in the box with some other valuables.

FWIW - I went back years ago and entered all of my data into an electronic logbook. I printed this out, had a notary stamp the last page where I signed the statement "I certify all of the entries in this log book are correct." This seemed to satisfy them completely. I also gave them a statement from my previous employer as to the amount I'd flown while there, which they took but did not review at the time.

I took my originals logbooks in case they wanted to see signoffs, but they never looked at them or asked about them. At least in my case, the review consisted primarily of showing the first/last dates I'd flown a few types of equipment, when I check out as captain, ect. It seemed to be primary a matter of does what's on the application and what your experience has been jive with what's in the book.

Your mileage may vary, and bear in mind I don't have an offer yet (but I have had a couple references checked . . .)

Is Emirates automatically out if your first logbook was lost?

My first logbook was lost during the move from Hawaii to the mainland in the box with some other valuables.

No. Mine was stolen (my first flight case was stolen from my car) and I got in and I am doing training right now.
I just wrote a statement on the first three pages of my new logbook saying that the previous one had been stolen and that these were the forwarded hours and had it notarized and apostilled, but I think I over did it....Of course they like stamps and signatures here so it might be worth doing that anyway. Good luck

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back