• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates and Logbooks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1 day short of 8 weeks. They checked my references at 6. Class date 7 Jul on the A330.

DG

Congrats on the EK offer. Did you have a choice of aircraft types or were you assigned the A330/A340? Most recent newhires that I have read about seem to be getting the 777.

I have another slightly off-topic question. Given that you will join the A330 fleet, is it more or less likely that you could fly the A380 at some point? I had heard that Airbus pilots had a "better chance" of flying the A380 than the 777 pilots but that was never confirmed. And no, I don't have sjs, although flying the A380 would boost anyone's ego I would think... How long (estimate) before an A330 FO could potentially bid an A380 FO slot?

How many A380s are expected to arrive over the next 2-3 years?

Congrats on the EK offer. Did you have a choice of aircraft types or were you assigned the A330/A340? Most recent newhires that I have read about seem to be getting the 777.= The B777 is becoming adequately staffed. Pilots hired from other Boeing equipment are still likely to be placed on the B777 but any other pilots will be placed on the A330.

I have another slightly off-topic question. Given that you will join the A330 fleet, is it more or less likely that you could fly the A380 at some point? = More likely. I had heard that Airbus pilots had a "better chance" of flying the A380 than the 777 pilots but that was never confirmed. And no, I don't have sjs, although flying the A380 would boost anyone's ego I would think... How long (estimate) before an A330 FO could potentially bid an A380 FO slot? = Per the FOM " First Officer Transfer to the A380. To be eligible for a transfer to the A380 the following minimum requirements must be met: Minimum 3000 jet hours. 2 years on Company Type with Emirates. To serve a minimum of 8 years on the aircraft from the start of the training course." ( Note that you could then upgrade on the A380 after 2 of those 8 years have elapsed).

How many A380s are expected to arrive over the next 2-3 years? = Lots [/quote]

Typhoonpilot

Can EK pilots bid specific routes or layovers in their bids? For example, let's say you are an American who really misses American cookin', can you bid primarily flights that hit the US - JFK, IAH, and LAX when it starts (depending upon your seniority)? Are US layovers popular with American pilots or is it luck of the draw with your bidding? I suppose the Aussies would be bidding SYD a lot as well.

Yes we can. And yes, some of the blokes do like to bid oz so they can see their mates.

Can EK pilots bid specific routes or layovers in their bids? For example, let's say you are an American who really misses American cookin', can you bid primarily flights that hit the US - JFK, IAH, and LAX when it starts (depending upon your seniority)? Are US layovers popular with American pilots or is it luck of the draw with your bidding? I suppose the Aussies would be bidding SYD a lot as well.

The rules currently say that a pilot will not be awarded more than 2 ULR trips per month. They currently don't seem to be following that rule (or a lot of other rules regarding rostering that are on their books).

If cuisine is your desire, you shouldn't have a problem though - lots of American restaurants with the standard American fare (humongous portions) including Chilies, Fridays, Pizza Uno, Johnny Rockets, Tony Roma's, Applebees to name a few.

Last edited:
More coming every day

The future of Emirates Airline: US RJ Drivers. The flood gates are open!

Latest resources

Back