Emirates and Dubai

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hydrarkt

How is the lifestyle for a single guy, 40s in Dubai? Would anyone there leave Netjets for Emirates?

How is the lifestyle for a single guy, 40s in Dubai? Would anyone there leave Netjets for Emirates?

If you are single and you want to "date" super-hot Russian or Philipino women, then you should consider going to EK. If you really want to fly an A380 one day, you should go to EK for a decent chance. If you like the sun and don't mind 120F heat for months on end, Dubai should be a consideration.

Would I leave Netjets for EK? Not a chance. But then again, I have a family and I personally don't want to work for a company that can change its policies/rules on a whim without any recourse from crew members. Thank you, no. However, Dubai would certainly be a great place to visit on my list... Don't get me wrong, I have looked at EK myself and I would still consider it if conditions were a little different (and crew basing was similiar to Cathay Pacific's - a few US crew bases), but I don't have a secure job at Netjets to fall back on. I'd gladly give up my regional job for something better (Netjets would be a top pick).

Have you considered flying for NJME out of Saudi? Could you get a temporary transfer? Maybe the new Indian operation would allow you to check out Dubai more if you could swing that.

Good luck.

Rule #1. Dont take advice from someone who does not work for EK and has never been to Dubai.

Plenty of dating options here. The co. is good and the flying is fun.

would I leave NJ - have'nt worked that gig - but this is a good one.

good luck

fv

Emirates vs Southwest

I work at EK. I have a job at Southwest and have defered class until later this year. I'm single 33 and having a blast. Will I go to Southwest? Honestly not sure, both are great. Im honestly leaning towards staying at Emirates, but I change my mind every other month. Emirates has stopped recruiting for the year so it will be a while if you have not interviewed yet.. Best of luck

Go check out Dubai for yourself. I've been there many times and I have been impressed. I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone, but as a single person, you have fewer familial hurldes to jump. Netjets is a hot job nowadays, so weigh the pros/cons before making a decision.

Of course, I hear passing an interview there can be pretty tough - so, don't count your eggs before they hatch.

I am in a similar situation but the opposite. I have been offered a class date with Emirates and another international carrier out of Asia. Unfortunately for me, i am hoping that XO jet calls before my class date. I also just finished a Southwest interview and was really impressed with Southwest and their operation. After all this, i am still hoping for the call with XO.

I have nothing but good things to say about Emirates and their operation. The people there were great and made the interview process very enjoyable. I strongly believe that emirates has a great future and a very sound business plan. I found Dubai to be very modern and a city that is very vibrant and advanced.

Call me crazy but i am still hoping for that phone call with XO. It just suits my lifestyle and personality better.

Good luck to you and hopefully we all make the right decisions.

zami

I work at EK. I have a job at Southwest and have defered class until later this year. I'm single 33 and having a blast. Will I go to Southwest? Honestly not sure, both are great. Im honestly leaning towards staying at Emirates, but I change my mind every other month. Emirates has stopped recruiting for the year so it will be a while if you have not interviewed yet.. Best of luck

Hi Jeremy,

I still have not received those dates for a fotball game! haha, I've told you last time we flew to CGK that once you have tasted the layovers here in EK, I dont think you would want a layover in Tuscon or Kansas City!!!!

Hi Jeremy,

I still have not received those dates for a fotball game! haha, I've told you last time we flew to CGK that once you have tasted the layovers here in EK, I dont think you would want a layover in Tuscon or Kansas City!!!!

Hey iluvetops,

Speaking of EK layovers, which would you rank as the top 3 and the worst 3 current layovers at EK and why? Inquiring minds want to know! You can't get much worse than Kansas City (although the BBQ is quite good).

I would never work for anybody that tells me that I can't leave on my days off. What I do on my days off is my damn business. I don't care how nice the big metal looks. But that's just me.

Latest resources

Back