• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates and Dubai

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would never work for anybody that tells me that I can't leave on my days off. What I do on my days off is my damn business. I don't care how nice the big metal looks. But that's just me.

Where did you hear that?

Hey iluvetops,

Speaking of EK layovers, which would you rank as the top 3 and the worst 3 current layovers at EK and why? Inquiring minds want to know! You can't get much worse than Kansas City (although the BBQ is quite good).

The worst two are easy, Lagos and Dhaka. Haven't done a Calcutta, but that would probably be third.

The top 3 are more difficult as it would depend a lot on what you like to do on a layover. In the summer Europe layovers in Munich, Nice, Dusseldorf, Paris, Moscow, etc. are quite good. Fall and Spring is a great time for Athens and Rome. Vienna, Milan, Venice, and Zurich get honorable mention, but we don't get to see them that often on the B777.

Asian layovers are good as well. Bangkok, Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Beijing, and Osaka would certainly be up on the list.

Australian layovers are great fun, but it's a long way to go. We used to do 7 days in Melbourne and that was quite good. Now we have 4 in Brisbane. Mauritius is up to 36 hours now and that should be good. Capetown is good, but a little short on time. Perth is excellent, but also short on time.

My two cents,

Typhoonpilot

ccu

"Haven't done a Calcutta, but that would probably be third."

Wrong on that choice TP!

CCU hotel is actually a 5 star resort with spa and beautiful pool. Also quite a nice business lounge upstairs as well.
Lots of restaurants and clubs to play at too

Not at all what I expected when I got that trip.
Will do it again, as it's the only India layover we have.

Last edited:
Dhaka: Nasty city and ATC will try to kill you. But the hotel is very nice, with good beer and a GREAT pizza place. Not a bad lay-over at all, IMO.

Don't forget about Jakarta. Lots of beer, plenty of time to sit by the pool, golf, volcanoes, and tea plantations. Really nice hotel. IMHO

I would never work for anybody that tells me that I can't leave on my days off. What I do on my days off is my damn business. I don't care how nice the big metal looks. But that's just me.

Did'nt think NetJets were like that..pity

fv

You actually base important career decisions on hearsay? :confused:

Latest resources

Back