• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates aims for 120 A380s... See Reuters Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is the list of the top ten airlines in the world in service published by Conde' Nast Traveler[/FONT]

1) Singapore Airlines
2) Ethiad Airways
3) Emirates
4) Virgin Australia
5) Virgin Atlantic
6) Cathay Pacific
7) Korean Air
8) Air New Zealand
9) ANA
10) JAL

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The parameters that they used were: Cabin comfort, Cabin service, Entertainment options, Food/Beverage, Ticketing/Ground service. Not really that many point separated number one from number ten so any of these airlines will give you a very pleasant experience[/FONT]

I'm surprised Qatar Airways wasn't on the list. The only airlines I have not flown on that list is Air NZL and Virgin Australia (used to fly a lot of positioning flights as a freight dog). My top two were Etihad and Qatar with EK being 3rd. I actually thought Korean Air was really good and JAL was a bit of a disappointment.

thats weird, the number 4 airline doesn't even exist. I have heard of V australia, but there is no virgin australia.

Man 120 A380s. It must be nice to have money growing from the bottom of the ocean there.

Here there's mass excitement for 6 crappy A330 orders at Hawaiian. A330 is like an RJ there.

It makes me wonder just how desperate they will get as far as pilots. It is a safe bet that most US furloughed guys will be recalled soon, and many regional pilots will set their hopes on the legacy hiring boom (1000+ pilots a year per legacy). We heard it all before, but one has to admit that this rosy scenario is very likely now. From what I heard (correct me if I am wrong here), legacy furloughs and regional types make up the bulk of the people hired by emirates.

Thoughts?

It makes me wonder just how desperate they will get as far as pilots. It is a safe bet that most US furloughed guys will be recalled soon, and many regional pilots will set their hopes on the legacy hiring boom (1000+ pilots a year per legacy). We heard it all before, but one has to admit that this rosy scenario is very likely now. From what I heard (correct me if I am wrong here), legacy furloughs and regional types make up the bulk of the people hired by emirates.

Thoughts?

It will be interesting to see what actually does happen. Unless you are just plain miserable here, it does not make sense to give up a 5 year upgrade on a 777 or 330 to go back home for a FO position on some ratted out DC-9 or A320. The pay and benefits are definitely going to have to improve here to attract more qualified people when the doors open up at all the legacy carriers. I still think coming to Emirates was and is a good career move and the hiring boom will be a very positive thing for us here and those who chose to come. If improvements don't occur, you will be a very marketable applicant around the world with the experience gained here.

Latest resources

Back