• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embraer sees Delta order

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For their 737s... More for anything else with more seats.

I doubt the scope relief this time around. One big difference: bankruptcy will no longer be the driving issue.

Right....they won't use bankruptcy as an issue...until they go into CH11 again. I seriously doubt that any new contract you get will be better than what you already have. Your mgt knows how weak you guys are. Youll take no raises or even take cuts in return for some pie on the sky promose. You guys will fold like a cheap suit on scope as well. It's in your DNA. You guys wrote the book on giving flying that wasn't good enough for Song away. Shoot, you guys can work a sweet deal to give away flying and pay at the same time.

BTW, did your union help the Frontier guys negotiate their latest concessions? Whenever I hear of pilots lowering the bar, usually a Delta pilot is involved.

This message is hidden because Tanker Clown is on your ignore list.

^^^^^^^^^^^^The best "post" yet ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No, scope is a non-issue for most. Most FDAL and FNWA pilots have seen what RJs have done to this career, and a lot of that was added in the BK process. I disagree. And, allowing the Airtran guys to get Southwest pay will help the DL pilots' cause.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well it's about F$$$in time....Only took 10-15 years to realize scope was bad....

Excerpt from an article referring to Anderson's interest in fleet planning:

Mr Dechavanne said an obvious choice for Delta would be the Bombardier CSeries 300 saying that, unlike its competitors such as the A319NEO, is designed specifically for the mission now done by the DC-9s. He rejected the Embraer EJets as too small for the seating capacity Delta is trying to replace, unless, of course, it wanted to reduce seats in favour of increased frequency. Mr Dechevanne also indicated that with the move to dual-class seating, airlines are opting for larger aircraft than even the E-195. He also said that the 737-700 was not selling well and airlines were opting for the larger 737-800.

He suggested that the CS-300 may be part of a solution that also included the neo since the two use the Pratt & Whitney PurePower geared turbofan engine and added the 737NG was not as modern for the 2013 delivery date. The A320neo would also provide commonality with its current A320 fleet which would reduce training costs. On the other hand, Boeing is positioned to be able to undercut everyone else’s price on its economies of scale.

FWIW...heard from Richard Anderson himself, and several V.P.'s that they don't like the geared engines on the C-Series and are not interested in them. This was Feb of last yr. Of course, with these guys, you never know.

There is a limit to how many 70 seat or larger planes DCI can get, and they are almost at that limit. So, I would guess that this could be an E195 order for mainline to replace DC9s? Maybe? If so, that would be good news. Payrates for that and the E190 are already in the contract, although they were negotiated prior to JB getting their latest raise. We'll see....

Bye Bye--General Lee

There used to only be 50 seat scope, but senior wide-body guys always sell out narrow-body guys. The E 190/95 will not be any different. Do you remember when SKYW and PNCL got the CR9? Come on General I thought you have been around awhile, or at least have a clue?

Latest resources

Back