• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embraer sees Delta order

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If DAL buys E190s, those airplanes MUST go to the mainline, not the regionals. Its time for this constant outsourcing of pilot jobs to end.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Embraer-sees-chances-of-Delta-rb-1605351515.html?x=0&.v=1

How many 70, 90, 110 seats airplanes can Delta connection carriers fly? Are these replacements for those airlines, or MD88 type replacement aircraft?

There is a limit to how many 70 seat or larger planes DCI can get, and they are almost at that limit. So, I would guess that this could be an E195 order for mainline to replace DC9s? Maybe? If so, that would be good news. Payrates for that and the E190 are already in the contract, although they were negotiated prior to JB getting their latest raise. We'll see....

Bye Bye--General Lee

There is a limit to how many 70 seat or larger planes DCI can get, and they are almost at that limit. So, I would guess that this could be an E195 order for mainline to replace DC9s? Maybe? If so, that would be good news. Payrates for that and the E190 are already in the contract, although they were negotiated prior to JB getting their latest raise. We'll see....

Bye Bye--General Lee

A couple of honest questions. Aren't the DCI carriers already maxed out with the 6 that went to Compass and the 6 that went to Republic recently? Also, does the number of 70 seaters for DCI go up when Delta adds 90 seaters to their fleet? I hope Delta gets the 90 seaters and that's it. I need to get the hell out of Pinnacoloba...FAST.

I'd watch for Bombardier's response - the C-Series has gotten off to a slow start and I am betting Bombardier is ready to make some deals with guarantees... A big C-Series order (probably two sizes - 100 seater and 149 seater ranges) from Delta would be a HUGE deal for Bombardier and they want a marquis name like Delta to spur other orders down the line...

C-Series info:

http://cseries.com/en/#/cseries/technology/postepilotageevolue/advancedflightdeckfeatures/

and

http://cseries.com/en/#/home/

Not sure if it will operate as predicted in terms of performance, but it looks like a nice airplane. Another FBW aircraft (the Northwest guys will like the sidesticks). Just watch Bombardier try to negotiate some customer-favorable deals...

If DAL buys E190s, those airplanes MUST go to the mainline, not the regionals. Its time for this constant outsourcing of pilot jobs to end.

Here's hoping you're actually sincere and at least 6000 pilots agree at Delta.

Of course, we at the regionals will all just plan on seeing those 190's here in about 2 years after you get your 25% pay raise and that pension they'll rob you of 2-4 years.

I'm betting BigSky is resurrected for the 190 flying.

Last edited:
A couple of honest questions. Aren't the DCI carriers already maxed out with the 6 that went to Compass and the 6 that went to Republic recently? Also, does the number of 70 seaters for DCI go up when Delta adds 90 seaters to their fleet? I hope Delta gets the 90 seaters and that's it. I need to get the hell out of Pinnacoloba...FAST.

I'm pretty sure that for DCI to get any more 70 seaters above the current cap, Delta would have to get a lot more planes first. There are MD90s on the way, and I guess there would have to be a lot of E190s ordered and delivered first before DCI could get anymore. Guys like Bill Lumberg or ACL might know the exact number, but that is what I believe is correct. A lot more mainline planes before anymore DCI planes over their cap.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Here's hoping you're actually sincere and at least 6000 pilots agree at Delta.

Of course, we at the regionals will all just plan on seeing those 190's here in about 2 years after you get your 25% pay raise and that pension they'll rob you of 2-4 years.

I'm betting BigSky is resurrected for the 190 flying.

Um, NO on that bet. Thanks to huge profits (via Bag fees too), that is very unlikely. And no new pensions, just ones kept by FNWA pilots and a DC fund for the rest.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back