• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embarrased DUI Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A big HUGE negative. When your Federal file is pulled they will be able to see every arrest and subsequent disposition for everything you've ever done, even if it happened when you were a minor (I know ... I know ... it was expunged when you turned 18). Everything is on there ... and airlines will pull it. Period.

Minh

Snakum is 100% correct. I recall an individual pulled out of his new hire class at my previous airline when his background check finally got to us - it showed a dui on his record. The sad thing is that he would have been just fine had he told us the truth, I am pretty sure the dui happened 10+ years prior to his application. Now he has a dui AND a termination on his record. Nice guy but they, mgmt, wouldn’t budge.

Macfly - I think the MVR’s only show speeding tickets, traffic violation, etc. Different states have different rules on how long they keep the records; anywhere from 3 to 10 years. The federal MVR (some airlines will search the Federal AND your State’s MVR) is for 4 years. Most airlines care about the federal only.

Snakum said:
A big HUGE negative. When your Federal file is pulled they will be able to see every arrest and subsequent disposition for everything you've ever done, even if it happened when you were a minor (I know ... I know ... it was expunged when you turned 18). Everything is on there ... and airlines will pull it. Period.

Minh
Your federal file? You talkin bout that one at Langley, where they keeps them black helicopters and people that work on contract and off the reservation?

Thanks to all

I appreciate all your help in this matter. Sorry if I offended anyone with my crj #@* comment. It was not a whine as much as an acknowledment of steps backwards.

Sorry for the sensative at heart - unless ofcourse - you need to GET A LIFE.

crj #@*
oops
crjpos

Good luck Crjpos, you'll never know unless you apply. I wouldn't want to work for a company that would hold a DUI that old against you...so whatever. If you don't put the apps in, you won't find out what will or won't pass muster. Give it all you got, you got nothing to lose and only everything to gain.

You talkin bout that one at Langley
Not quite, though you and I might actually have one there, and not for a good reason either :D.

The "federal" report is generally refered to as "the FBI report" and will have everything on it you did wrong since you were pooping your pampers. If you have a friend in any local police department you can get it pulled, and you can get it pulled if you request a concealed handgun permit in NC. This is the same one that airlines get, in addition to your state criminal history (the one available at your local courthouse or over the net) and DMV records.

Minh

Last edited:
Why could we not get one on request? Don't we have a right to see what's on it? I would think that any document that can be obtained by a potential employer should be available for an accuracy check of the named party.

lrn2fly said:
Why could we not get one on request? Don't we have a right to see what's on it? I would think that any document that can be obtained by a potential employer should be available for an accuracy check of the named party.
it's called the "Freedom of Information Act". They have to give you a copy of what they got on you.

In response to CRJPOS saying that he's flying a "CRJ------piece of *%@#" I said:

j41driver said:
Oh poor you. At least you have a flying job to keep you current until you get on somewhere else. Quit your whining.
Now maybe that was a bit harsh but it seems to me that with all of the companies that he's asking about (in his original post) he feels that he's too good to fly a CRJ. I bet there are a ton of furloughed guys that would jump at the chance to keep flying even if it was just in a "CRJ------piece of *%@#"

Apparently he didn't like what I had to say since he sent me the following PM, titled "No wonder you don't have a job" (not sure where he got that...I never said I didn't have a job):

Dear j41driver,

You generosity and information overwhelm me. Thank you so much for your response to my posting.

I't no wonder that you have such fruitful employment and are such a huge success.

No, but really, Quit bitchin at everyone else and get off your stupid ass and do what you need to do if you don't like your life. YUou are in control of your destiny unless of course you're just that stupid.

You are truly an impediment to the success of this informatinoal networking site.

GO HOME YOU IGNORANT **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**

For a few minutes I didn't even know what the heck he was talking about. Like I said before, what I said was a bit harsh but did I really deserve this response??

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back