EMB120 training

msbhavn

Total Time
12000+
Looking for a facility with sims for flight/type rating training for the EMB120. Any suggestions?

gmccrj7

Total Time
they are everywhere...I did mine in Seatlle...where do you live?

msbhavn

Total Time
12000+
I appreciate the replies. I'm here in Seattle, where did you train here?

Midnight Flyer

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Not to hijack the thread, but which airline flies the 120's still? Didn't ASA and Comair get rid of 'em?

Speaking about turboprops, I don't know if eagle still fly's the saabs anymore either. I did get stuck on a saab several months back commuting out of DTW on Northwest's commuter. Just curious.

QOL_is_great:)

What the?
Total Time
>6500
type for fun? or a job?

I would who would go out and get a EMB-120 type for the fun of it? Or which company requires a new-hire to get a type to fly that a/c?
So, inquiring minds want to know. Ya gotta fill us in.

WMUSIGPI

The $100,000,000 Question
Total Time
5000+
Not to hijack the thread, but which airline flies the 120's still? Didn't ASA and Comair get rid of 'em?

Speaking about turboprops, I don't know if eagle still fly's the saabs anymore either. I did get stuck on a saab several months back commuting out of DTW on Northwest's commuter. Just curious.
Skywest still runs them. As for Eagle and Saabs, not anymore. They only run the ATR's now. There are Saabs at Mesaba and Colgan. Dash 8's at Piedmont, Lynx, Colgan, Commutair, Mesa, and Horizon.

Exskydiverdrivr

still fly a load or two
Total Time
Skywest, plus I've seen a couple of old E=120's in corporate livery. NASCAR was into them for awhile-Bill Davis racing has one and Dale Jr. used to have one.

msbhavn

Total Time
12000+
I would who would go out and get a EMB-120 type for the fun of it? Or which company requires a new-hire to get a type to fly that a/c?
So, inquiring minds want to know. Ya gotta fill us in.

Putting together a -135 freight certificate and the EMB pencils out financially for the parameters of the operation. Feds want initial training contracted out before approving in-house training.

Again, appreciate the suggestions.

Coool Hand Luke

Total Time
msbhavn:

Up until last year you could go to either FSI LGB or ATL. FSI no longer offers the EMB-120 training at LGB (but Skywest still has their own sim in the LGB facility) so you will have to go to ATL. PM me if you have any questions. A great airplane for the price. I'd probably get an ER instead of an RT though. Especially if you are operating anywhere with a field elevation over 3000 feet.