• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EMB 170 today at CHQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MESA AIRLINES: Mgt. threatens pilots with FREEDOM AIRLINES. Pilots show no back bone and get scared. Pilots sign crappy contract. Mgt. laughs at how easy that was. Mgt. wins.

CHQ. AIRLINES: Mgt. threatens pilots with REPUBLIC AIRLINES. Pilots show no back bone and get scared. Pilots sign crappy contract. Mgt. laughs at how easy that was. Mgt. wins.

Come on guys. You wil NEVER admit it, but if the above is true about MESA, you cannot honestly deny it is true about CHQ. What a bunch of wennies.

Come on guys. You wil NEVER admit it, but if the above is true about MESA, you cannot honestly deny it is true about CHQ. What a bunch of wennies.

I assume you're ASA. I think you have enough to worry about, given your crappy performance for Delta, besides what WE do with OUR contract. Sorry you're not happy but honestly, we don't care. Now I'm going to vote yes, not because I like it, but because it will piss you off.
By the way, could you guys start parking at the satellite terminal in DFW? It can get kind of crowded at the main terminal with all those ERJs there. Thaaaaank ya.

PilotRon, Corbon and other CHQ pilots.

Others may not approve of our TA, where we work, or who we codeshare with. However, we have had one very lucky streak at CHQ for the last 5 years. Please do not ruin the reputation that those of us that have been around for awhile built.

Remember, discretion is the better part of valor. One day our luck will stumble, and we don't want to be reminded of that.

We'll see ya online.

Last edited:
LearLove - Even industry leaders such as Don Carty and others can only speculate about the industry right now and make assumptions based on trends,

I didn't know that Don Carty was still an industry leader... He doesn't even work in this industry anymore.

PilotRon said:
Why do you think CHQ is making money?
I came to CHQ because of the great attitude by the employees. If you check the bulletin boards you will see that CHQ pilots complain less than anyone else. Why, because they are at a profitable company.

Well, at my company, ExpressJet (or CALEX, COEX, XJT, Express, Continental Express or what ever name they have for us now), we are making money hand over fist. However, morale is EXTREMELY LOW! I know because I have been briefed by the Wilson Polling Center, the company that does all polling for ALPA and the Teamsters as well as most other Unions.

Also, our captain rates are only about 7% lower than your new TA. Those are rates that were negotiated in 1997.
Unfortunately, the CHQ TA does affect us. It affects us all. As Big Daddy Dwayne said at the ALPA BOD, "WE ARE NOT COMPETITORS!". Companies compete, NOT Pilots.

Frats,
One of the Seven Dwarfs

Hey KingAirer, since you're the numbers connection, how about you do a little digging and post what all of the regionals reported for a profit margin for the prior 5 years.

It's so easy to work for a company that posts a 25% profit margin year after year and call MAG and CHQ losers for accepting (or thinking of accepting) their TAs. When your company pulls a 25% profit margin, your company had better pay you $200/hr to fly a Beech 1900.

When your company clears 3-4% each year, it's pretty hard to ask for the Holier-Than-Thou rates. Those rates would send MAG, TSA, and CHQ (amongst others) to bankruptcy court in less than a heartbeat. Sure we could ask for it, maybe even get it. But after the first 3 months of payroll cleared, we'd be closing our doors.

Perhaps that's what you really want anyway?

Hey Lear (and others),

Anybody else notice that PilotRon went and deleted all his posts from the whole thread???

Well done Lear.

Just a few quick thoughts

Whatever you think of the CHQ TA, love it, hate it, let me just say this. I think anyone on here, openly wishing for the demise of this airline or that airline is, like LearLove pointed out, just plain frickin' nuts.

Even if we do stand to grow at CHQ, which is still very up in the air, it absolutely repulses me to think that someone would have the gall to brag about it openly -- at least in the form that I've seen on here. We are _thankful_ for the flying that we do, and no, we don't make the decision on what routes to fly. Everyone who flies for Airways knows that at least on the Express side, city pairs come and go, almost on a weekly basis. I still haven't figured out exactly why that happens, but that's another story.

Bragging about completion factors, on time performance, my airline is better than your airline -- for christ's sake - everyone saying this sort of thing should stop and think - it really sounds juvenile.

All that said, I will say one thing regarding CHQ & Mesa - Mesa already had Freedom to contend with, and, as a result, signed a _concessionary_ contract. Note that I didn't say a bad contract, or a crappy contract, but a _concessionary_ one. Yes, the Mesa folks got scope, they got a *hitload of growth thanks in part to J4J, and they got their now infamous 8 days off. I'm NOT looking to flame the Mesa guys -- merely using it as a frame of refernce for what we've got going right now.

CHQ has/had the chance to quash Republic _before_ the routes were being flown, _before_ the transferring of flying started. And, if this agreement passes, that will happen. What's the alternative? If this agreement doesn't pass, Republic starts up anyway, and slowly, or quickly, depending - growth goes that way, and when it's time to submit bids for more U flying or AA flying or whomever, guess what - not only can Republic do it for less than CHQ, they can do it for less than Mesa or Lakes or CoEx or ANYONE out there. And mark the day down if that happens, because this message board will be LOADED with people cursing Republic left and right. Probably the non-CHQ people who were so quick to tell CHQ pilots to go shove it and vote down the contract.

So, in closing - for those of you who think that the race to the bottom continues, well, you're right in a way. Signing this agreement, though, could very well prevent a further drop and perhaps get things turned in the right direction. Feel free to agree or disagree - but please, keep the ridiculous "Bye bye air whiskey" stuff to yourself. I can only imagine how ticked off I would be to read that as a pilot of Air Wisc. or any other one.

Having just re-read what I wrote, it looks like this is a soapbox for voting in the contract - and that really wasn't my intention.

LearLove, I'll look for ya in DC one of these days!

Take care,
-brew3

Re: Just a few quick thoughts

brew3departure said:
All that said, I will say one thing regarding CHQ & Mesa - Mesa already had Freedom to contend with, and, as a result, signed a _concessionary_ contract. Note that I didn't say a bad contract, or a crappy contract, but a _concessionary_ one. Yes, the Mesa folks got scope, they got a *hitload of growth thanks in part to J4J, and they got their now infamous 8 days off. I'm NOT looking to flame the Mesa guys -- merely using it as a frame of refernce for what we've got going right now.

As a caveat, I do not work for Mesa. However.....Mesa's new contract is NOT concessionary for them. They, like CHQ, made improvements on their old CBA. While not earth shattering in any respect, they did make improvements in most areas, thus making it not concessionary.

GJ

Latest resources

Back