Emb-145xr

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigHangar

Is it true that only ExpressJet flies the XR version. I didn't know this until the other day when someone was telling me that we are the only company flying it. Are any of you other guys flying it?

I think that XJT are they only ones flying them. I'm sure EMB thought they would fly off the press, but they didn't. On the other hand, you guys purchased enough for them to continue making them. That is a Sexy looking airplane.

XRs is all Embraer should have made. they are much better than the ERs and LRs.

Superpilot92 said:
XRs is all Embraer should have made. they are much better than the ERs and LRs.

Yeah, it almost climbs like a jet.

I had one the other day, 12-something, that wouldn't do .78, much less .80. We kept it in E-CLB and it'd barely do .76.

Granted, the XR is the thoroughbred of the 145 fleet (if there is one), but it's still about as durable as a disposable camera. If they get 15 years out of them, they'll be lucky.

Did you still have the flaps at 9? What were the conditions? I've never seen an XR perform like you describe.

Whydoitry said:
Did you still have the flaps at 9? .

LOL Yeah remember Semak said to be careful.

But seriously if you have 50 people and darn near full bags sometimes it can be hard to get her over that hump. Especially when given a speed restriction in the climb at the lower teens and flight levels...You just can't seem to get that airspeed back once ZOB has taken it from you.:) I just chose to pick on (ZOB) Oberlin. You can insert your favorite center.

Whydoitry said:
Did you still have the flaps at 9? What were the conditions? I've never seen an XR perform like you describe.

Yeah, we were clean. Actually I made 100% sure at the "Flaps zero" call since I had a new-meat FO. :D

We weren't that full either. I just can't figure out why it... oh wait, I just remembered why.

Embraers suck.

Seriously though, the XR would have been a great place for Embraer to start designing a jet, not finishing up. Now there's zero chance for Embraer to ever do any sort of design changes on the thing, since all their effort is probably focused on the 170/190; their efforts on the 145 are probably limited to filling the existing orders.

Last edited:
ATRedneck said:
I had one the other day, 12-something, that wouldn't do .78, much less .80. We kept it in E-CLB and it'd barely do .76.

What altitude and what was your ISA deviation?

Britpilot said:
What altitude and what was your ISA deviation?

Bingo. It's been hot even at altitude. Performance 101 (or just complain and blame the airplane)

Latest resources

Back