EMB 110 crash in MHT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
freighthumper said:
As far as the 2 planes down this year, one of them ran out of fuel Air Now MX has nothing to do with how much fuel the pilot takes. who knows about the second one. Not to speculate but what is the first thing you were taught about engine failures.....dont turn around. Good thing it worked out in this case although I think some one used eight of his nine lives in that one.
I am new to this thread, and i just quickly read the NTSB reports... I am unclear on the ran outta fuel comment...

More importantly...

S2R said:
...flaps were at 25 percent, the rudder was at neutral trim, and the aileron was at full left trim.

Also from the report:

"The left engine propeller hub was still attached to its engine, and the propeller blades appeared to be angled about 90 degrees from the direction of rotation. There was no significant leading edge damage to the propeller blades.

The right engine propeller hub was detached from the engine, and one propeller blade was separated about 8 inches from the tip, while the other blades exhibited curling, missing blade material and leading edge damage. The blades also appeared to be angled 90 degrees from the direction of rotation."

With leading edge damage on the right engine propeller blade, I would think that the right engine was not feathered. A PT-6 will feather after loosing oil pressure so that would explain why “The blades also appeared to be angled 90 degrees from the direction of rotation" on the right engine.

Speculation ain't cool

Well, I have my own ideas about what happened during this accident.

The facts seem to be:

--The left engine quit.
--The trim was dialed over to the left.
--And both props are feathered.

I guess we can all come to our own conclusions and learn our own lessons until the final report comes out.

Fly safe.

Latest resources

Back