• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Email from Airtran MEC: Secret MOU between SWA and SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly Scoreboard. The company carried the checkbook if it was required during the negotiations.

Brit,

You talk about it being about a negotiated list. IT WAS. The 2 NC's worked out a list and Gary came in with the money for the AAI pilots.

No. The NC for ATI was working on an integrated list.
SWA entered into those negotiations with it's own plan which you call Offer # 1.
The NC did not negotiate stapling all ATI FO's to the bottom of the list.
After Offer # 1 was rejected by the MEC and GK went public with his threat to not integrate the pilots, the NC was instructed to go and get what they could. That resulted in offer # 2.
You don't think we know what went on during the SLI process? We were a small group and therefore the word about what actually happened got around quick.
Your version is false. Your group got what it wanted, you won the fight. The odds were stacked against the AAI pilot's from the start.

Glad you think so.
The thing is that their SLI was conducted fairly without interference from the company.
Not that you will ever understand that with your arrogance.

Yes but it was also a SLI based on two very similar companies. Airtran was not in the same league as SW and the arbitrators have already shown this. The only thing that Airtran could bring to the Negotiating table was seniority. Just about everything else was better in the SWAPA contract than the Airtran contract. So, unless Airtran was going to give RSW pilots 20-40 percent raises then what did you have to negotiate with?

P.S. BTW holding out for binding arbitration short of getting relative seniority was not a wise negotiating tactic.

I didn't get what I wanted... Way too many RAT's ahead of me.. If its so bad you always have options and choices right?

Yes but it was also a SLI based on two very similar companies. Airtran was not in the same league as SW...

Financially, I agree with that. It's just that our product and operating procedures were light years ahead of SWA. That's the part that stings. I just can't believe either side hasn't won the other over in this debate. Completely shocked.

Financially, I agree with that. It's just that our product and operating procedures were light years ahead of SWA. That's the part that stings. I just can't believe either side hasn't won the other over in this debate. Completely shocked.

The only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.

No, wait..... A sore winner who doesn't even know what he's won.

No. The NC for ATI was working on an integrated list.

The NC for AT wasn't even negotiating. They were dragging their feet, hoping a third party would decide their future. Expectations were high on the Tranny side, DOH worst case, they were sold.

The 17% Tranny frame of mind was: Of course, Gary would turn his back (some say he did) on the Pilots that got him this far and side with 1700 Pilots that, never got hired at Southwest, didn't qualify to apply (some) or worst never wanted to work for Southwest. He was going to have your back, right! A hostal work group that voted 97% to strike and shut down the Company. You weren't getting the benefit of the doubt from him. Then you drag your feet in negotiatings. So Gary has some new toys he really can't even touch until he gets some progress going. Then you have the CEO get involved as the agreement said he could. Nothing illegal about it.

So everybody thinks Delta Management didn't get involved with their SLI is crazy. They threw the money at it. What do you always hear Delta guys say? "I got $40,000 towards my retirement and more is on the way". You guys need to stop comparing it to Delta's SLI.... Gary was trying to keep it from being a US/AWA SLI list. Gary got it done with spending NOTHING. Thats impressive if you think about it.

Gary got pissed and jumped into the fold, Tranny played cards wrong, so sad. Lets find someone to blame other then ourselves.

You made your own bed. You pissed off the guy that writes the checks.

Latest resources

Back