El Idioto!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

250 KIAS

I'm watching a Cirrus fly through a level 3 return that's within 3 miles of 2 separate level 5 returns. There's also a severe t-strom warning and a tornado warning issued for those 2 cells. Currently right over CMI, and there's not another aircraft within 20 miles, at any altitude. Would someone tell N299MP that he's an idiot?

^^^obviously never flown freight ;)

Level 3. Is that yellow or just dark green? Did VIPER sense rotation and trigger yet another FALSE tornado warning?

I've been in two tornados, neither of which generated a warning until after they were by me...

BTW, did the little airplane survive?TC

250 KIAS said:
I'm watching a Cirrus fly through a level 3 return that's within 3 miles of 2 separate level 5 returns. There's also a severe t-strom warning and a tornado warning issued for those 2 cells. Currently right over CMI, and there's not another aircraft within 20 miles, at any altitude. Would someone tell N299MP that he's an idiot?

How do you get all of this "current" info? What are you looking at right now?

AA717driver said:
Level 3. Is that yellow or just dark green?
It depends on what the resolution the radar is set to at any given moment. When Nexrad is set to precipitation mode, it displays soundings between 5 and 75 dBZ. Most radar displays will show anything over 41dBZ as red and anything over 50 as magenta. A level 3 is between 41 and 45 dbz, a level 5 is 50-56, and a level 6 is anything over 57 dBZ.

AA717driver said:
Did VIPER sense rotation and trigger yet another FALSE tornado warning?
Doesn't look like it:

0702 PM

Urbana, Champaign County.

Tornado, reported by law enforcement.

Tornado at the intersection of Route 130 and Highway 150.
Reported by the Urbana Police Department.

0641 PM

Thomasboro, Champaign County.

Thunderstorm wind damage, reported by Emergency Mngr.

Roof blown off of house in south side of town.

AA717driver said:
BTW, did the little airplane survive?
The track of the airplane showed it making a 180 towards CMI after flying through that thunderstorm and then dissapearing, so he probably landed at CMI. He was filed from IND to DVN. His destination was never officialy changed in the computer.

Hey, 250, where are you located? I'm in East Urbana, about a half mile from the confirmed twister (I even saw it, my first of the year!) The sky was awesome as it bubbled and churned! It brought some welcome cool air with it!

Of course, after the storm I went outside only to find that I had a flat tire. I had to change it in the drizzle since I've got an early medical tomorrow. :(

kingairyahoo said:
^^^obviously never flown freight ;)
Obviously, you've never been dead before.
icon31.gif

Flying Illini said:
Hey, 250, where are you located? I'm in East Urbana, about a half mile from the confirmed twister (I even saw it, my first of the year!) The sky was awesome as it bubbled and churned! It brought some welcome cool air with it!

Of course, after the storm I went outside only to find that I had a flat tire. I had to change it in the drizzle since I've got an early medical tomorrow. :(

Ouch......Herndon, VA, ATCSCC.

He probably had XM or WxWorks and thought he was invincible. Heck, its only a few minutes old.

PS, dont buy a cirrus. factory support- not great. A new set of wheel fairings after a few hard landings - 1800 bucks, aileron gap seals are held on with elmers and are required per the equipment list. that composite gets these hairline cracks all over it- - owners nightmare. oh and dont rent an outdoors tiedown spot, they cant handle the heat.

sweet s-tec 55x and the avidyne stuff is pretty hot. but check the listings and there are plenty of 4 year old cirrus-es-es for sale, wonder why?
get a lancair

Latest resources

Back