• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EK to IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But not the pay. Over at EK, Starting FOs bring home about 11k a month tax free if you take the housing allowance. I dont even think VA capts beat that by much

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, I looked at EK, and was even called for the interview pre-selection until they realized I lacked jet time greater than 30 tons and cancelled the interview. Had I gotten the job, I would have taken it. But my first choice has always been to stay within the USA if possible, and now that I'm at a major/national, I'm not really pursuing EK anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I looked at EK, and was even called for the interview pre-selection until they realized I lacked jet time greater than 30 tons and cancelled the interview. Had I gotten the job, I would have taken it. But my first choice has always been to stay within the USA if possible, and now that I'm at a major/national, I'm not really pursuing EK anymore.

Have you actually completed training yet?

Varmint, how much of Emirates flights are two man? I do realize that while Emirates pays well they work their pilots to the maximum. Some have described the operation as a LCC structure but legacy service

Varmint, how much of Emirates flights are two man? I do realize that while Emirates pays well they work their pilots to the maximum. Some have described the operation as a LCC structure but legacy service

I don't know the exact percentage but basically all flights under 9 hours are 2 man crews. We have some 3 man flights (mostly japan, shanghai) for the 9-12 hour segments, and then anything above that on the ULR's have 2 crews.

If you bid well it does not seem as if you are working to the max. I did 2 ULR flights (4 crew - 4 days trips), and 2 regular flights (2 crew - 3 day trips) and was blocked in the low 90's. People who come from legacy carriers seem to think they are over worked here and people who come from the LCC and regional realms seem to enjoy the work on the Boeing. The main fleet airbus guys do not have the luxury of a variety of bidding options and, because of that, their schedules are much more demanding and crappy.

I don't know the exact percentage but basically all flights under 9 hours are 2 man crews. We have some 3 man flights (mostly japan, shanghai) for the 9-12 hour segments, and then anything above that on the ULR's have 2 crews.

If you bid well it does not seem as if you are working to the max. I did 2 ULR flights (4 crew - 4 days trips), and 2 regular flights (2 crew - 3 day trips) and was blocked in the low 90's. People who come from legacy carriers seem to think they are over worked here and people who come from the LCC and regional realms seem to enjoy the work on the Boeing. The main fleet airbus guys do not have the luxury of a variety of bidding options and, because of that, their schedules are much more demanding and crappy.

Thanks for the info! I think even the crap Airbus skeds is better than any US regional. 5,6 and 7 leg days galore here at ASA!

Thanks for the info! I think even the crap Airbus skeds is better than any US regional. 5,6 and 7 leg days galore here at ASA!

Agree totally. The glass is half full or half empty..depends on who you are.

Latest resources

Back