• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EK to IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's no point debating facts when one side has only half the info, the people who know the facts can see the injustice. EK380 f/o's at present stand to lose upto 100K plus compared to their peers through no fault of their own.

There's no point debating facts when one side has only half the info, the people who know the facts can see the injustice. EK380 f/o's at present stand to lose upto 100K plus compared to their peers through no fault of their own.

I see where you coming from. A380 or not, 100k is a lot of money to give up. Also, is that 100k total or 100k loss each additional year you're stuck in the right seat?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

There is actually nothing in this decision that is out of character for Emirates. They do pretty much whatever they want with little or no consideration for whom it may affect or for what they may have told someone previously. This has been pointed out in various forums for years, yet some have chosen to move to the sandpit anyway.

One could argue that when some pilots chose to move to Emirates after similarly egregious policy changes in the past, they just enabled that behavior. The ONLY THING that impacts pay and conditions in the sandpit is the ease or difficulty that they have in recruiting and staffing flights.

I've seen this time and time again - folks are told how it is and make the decision to move anyway. Fair enough, only you can decide how something compares with your current situation yet those who jump in despite the warnings often moan the loudest.

Gillegan makes very good points, some which I failed to articulate sufficiently, this place does not honour what most know as a seniority system.
I would also like to point out that I've been here enough time to pre date these decisions and it does not affect me but can't help but highlight the circumstances when a poster tries to tell us how "hard" it must be "stuck" on the 380.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back