EJA letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

akhercs

I sent an EJA app in last October and have heard nothing from them. The USPS delivery confirmation said it was delivered but still no letter. Did everyone who met the mins except me get a letter? I hate to bug the folks in pilot recruitment but I have no way of knowing if my app was actually received and is in the correct stack. Any suggestions? 3900 MEL in hercs, 1200 PIC.

Rusty

Check up

This isn't the military anymore. People aren't waiting around to kiss your butt. If you want a job in the real world you need to let them know. Call and check on the status of the app. you sent in. Do you realize how many people apply to EJA? You obviously meet the mins.

I agree with Lrjet55. I was over in the recruiting office the other day during sim and it's not pretty over there!!!

There are about 150 applications (+/- ) for every position we are filling now!!! Needless to say, there are plenty of people to choose from. However, don't think that only the guys with 10 type-ratings and 10,000+ hours are getting the call - that's not true.

My advice - call them and ask. Trust me, stuff does get lost over there. Be curious and nice. It can be difficult to get through. Best of luck to you.

I agree that you should call. It never hurts. As for Lrjet55 comments that those who fly or flew in the military sit around and get their asses kissed, obviously he is civilian all the way. He would not have said that if had gone through a military flight school and was forward deployed. Believe me, the person who most interested in his/her career in the miliatry is THAT person. Only my 2 cents worth.

Deployed

I don't care if you were forward,sideways or backwards deployed. This is the civilian world and you must adjust your practices somewhat. Flying is flying and training is training. I am making a general statement(sorry) that most of the military pilots based on your treatment in the military expect to walk out into the civilian aviation realm and land the perfect job without trying. You need to follow up and let them know you are interested. I would fly with you any time so I am not criticizing you. Get out there and let them know you are interested.

Believe me when I say that we (mil pilots) do not expect that we will have that job when our time is up. We have all the same worries as the next pilot and I know many who have done their time in the commuters (or worst) before getting the call. There is nothing certain about airline hiring. And yes, I have gone out and did the leg work and I have landed a job. Bottom line- we are all squirrels chasing same nut.

lrjet55 you ignorant slut

I don't even know which staement to begin with. I don't fault you too much, this type of thing commonly happens when people talk about things they really know nothing about.

1. "This isn't the military anymore. People aren't waiting around to kiss your butt. If you want a job in the real world you need to let them know."

It is obvious that you have never been in the military or you wouldn't have ever made that statement. I don't know where you got your idea of what life is like in the military, but I can gar un teee no one is waiting arround to kiss your but in the military. Most miliatry pilots I know work very hard to make the transition to civilian flying. they begin 2 years before they leave the military and work very hard to get all there ducks in a row as far as ratings, medicals, letters of ref ect. and certainly don't expect to be handed a a job, in fact most are probably stressed out worringing if they will get a job and be able to feed the family and pay the bills.

2. "I don't care if you were forward,sideways or backwards deployed. This is the civilian world and you must adjust your practices somewhat. Flying is flying and training is training. "

YGTBFSM, obviously you don't care if military pilots have been deployed, defending your freedom to make ignorant remaks such as this. What helo to herc was trying to say is that military pilots have made many sacrifices and don't expect to be handed a job. We have left our familys for 6 months at a time, lived in tents, ate MRE's, risked our lives to protect and defened this nation. This is obviously a lifestyle and sacrifice that you no nothing about so I will advise you to shut you suck on it. Flying is flying? yea it's all the same. Have you ever landed on a carried at night? have you flown arround in the mountains at 200' at night in formation, have you pointed your nose at the ground, been shot at? sorry dude flying is not flying, it is very different. Training is training? I gues that is why a majority of civilian carriers perfer the military pilot and the training he has been through?

3. "most of the military pilots based on your treatment in the military expect to walk out into the civilian aviation realm and land the perfect job without trying. "

I guess I will conclude with, what could you possibly know about our treatment in the military? it is obvious to anyone who has been in the military that you know nothingabout it.

fights on

Last edited:
Flying is Flying

There really isn't much else to say. Your comments basically made my point stronger than I could have ever imagined myself. Arrogance and ignorance are the staple of your attituted. If you could tome it down just a tad then you would see the world in a totaly different way. The fact you are in the military, come from a commuter, fly part 91/135, are male,female or otherwise makes absolutely no difference to me. Be careful Junior, your way out of your league.

"Arrogance and ignorance are the staple of your attituted"...."Be careful Junior, your way out of your league" lrjet55, maybe you should be looking in the mirror!

lrjet55....either your are trying to get a rise out of Fbuck2 or you truely belive in what you say. I hope it's just for fun because it would be tough to fly with somebody of you ignorance. Let me ask you- how many ocean crossings have you done? Cleared customs in a third world country with cargo/pax on board that the locals are not thrilled about lately? Do you know what a foriegn clearance guide is? Ever really had to use it? How about extreme actic flying, been up there? How about Africa? Or South America? Ever been told that you can't turn on your landing lights or they will not turn on the runway lights so that you are not a target? My point in this is that flying in the states (and Canada and Carribean) is a cake walk and don't even try and compare the two. Between Fbuck's cats & traps off the boat and the flying I have done compared to your background, it's debatable who's out of their league. I have paid my dues and will continue to do so, as I am sure thousands of other pilots will regardless of their background, until we all land that big flying job.
My question to you, what has made you so pissed of at military pilots? Can't stand the competion?

Pissed off?

I see the humor in all of this. It is amzing to me how you guys feel the need to prove your point at all costs. I am comfortable in my flying experience and those of other corporate guys all around. Competition, what competition. I am certainly not upset at any of you. This is my opinion and I am quite surprised I have caused such todo about this. I hate to say this because this whole discussion needs to be laid to rest but I must press a button or two just once more. Now correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you trying to jump to this side of the house?

Latest resources

Back