Eja: I Got The Job!!! Yes!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks LRJ55

Thanks for the info. My concern is the same. I know I have a bulldog personality as far as pursuit of goals concerned. I don't want to drive them nuts and pee them off. I will try to strike a balance, based on your post.
Great warning about the former employer. It did happened to me in the past. Can't happen now, since I am with a regional and enjoy ALPA protection.
Thanks again. Posts like yours make this board a great, educational place to visit.

More help

If you happen to know anyone have them send in a letter of rec. for you. At the very least have them call to check on the status of your app. I think they appreciate the persistence if you can maintain the balance like you mentioned. Good Luck

I didn't have any letters of rec. If you sit back and wait patiently you'll be waiting a long times. Maybe Hades will freeze over first. This is true for any job you really want. I followed up all contact with an email. Be persistent, polite and respectful. All contact with any person at the target company should be treated as part of the process and a chance to show them what kind of person you are, the real person, not just the interview face.

Talk to any pilots you can. Go and hang out at FBOs where these guys show up. I got lots of helpful tips from EJA line pilots. Also a chance for you to see what the company really looks like from the opinions of those who are already there. (It looks real good!)

Choice of aircraft was the one that got me in the door soonest which is exactly what I told the interview captains. I had a choice of Ultra, Excel, Hawker. The Hawker would have started me a month later, the Excel a week later. I also told them that the airplane I really want is the Falcon 7X and to get that I need to have enough seniority in 5 years (when EJA will be getting them) to bid it.

I concur on the giving notice thing. It's normal for a company to fire somebody immediately when notice of intent to leave is received. It's my policy not to give notice, just leave. (you think they would do you the courtesy of notice if they decided they don't need you?) It's not personal, it's just business, the way it is.

tj

tjsatter

I will keep you posted on the hotel situtaion in Columbus. After all, we are on our nickel.
Lrjet55

Latest resources

Back