Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

4fanman

Just curious...
I've heard on this board about how well EJA feeds their pilots. Could someone elaborate on this a little, please? Do you get crew meals via the local catering company? It sounds like one of those 'quality of life' issues that add up to a great job.
Thanks in advance and pass the salt.

4fm:D

As a [former] recovering trash hauler, having suffered through two painful years of never breaking $10,000 gross income I can assure you that EJA pilots are fed well!

Just check the trashcan after one of their jets departs, I know I have…:D

TP>>>

Grub

Anytime you are going to operate over a meal time then you are provided a crew meal by eja, you can even order what you want and hope you get it. The best food though is what is left over after the trip because the pax didn't touch it. There is always plenty to go around, and to subsidize a few line guys at the FBO when you land.

My mouth is watering. I was at TEB waiting for PAX and the girl behind the counter had just been given a tray of sandwiches that were going to go to waste. Apparently, the crew was already fed, and they passed the tray onto her. I had a teriffic corned beef on rye, real Manhattan stuff.

I hadn't had a sandwich like that since I lived in the Village while attending NYU.

Yeah, I'd say the crews are well fed! I hope to be one of them in a couple of years...

Its true we eat when we want. They really take care of us when it comes to crew food. Honest order what you want and 99% of the time it will be there.

even better if you're on the falcon or bbj - just tell the FA what you want, they order and cook it! if they have time, they even put it on a real plate with real silverware.

I've heard that there are some restrictions on the food that EJA pilots eat on the road: no seafood. Otherwise excellent!

OK TJSATTER you left yourself open for this:

"Captain, the passengers are sick!"

"OK, I want you to get me a list of all the passengers who ate the fish"

Ted Stryker to the rescue!

as a captain? at least 10 years, probably more.

there are no f/o's in the plane at this time, probably won't be for at least another year. there isn't enough flying to keep us busy right now. therefore we only have captains flying trying to gain experience.

when f/o bids do come out, they will probably be at 50% of capt wages or near there.

Latest resources

Back