• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eclipse crash on takeoff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of your statements are outright false and seriously out-of-date assumptions my friend. Get your facts straight.

I'm flying a non-ETT aircraft. So you are flying an NG? Must be nice. That is one of what? Thirty of the 250 that are flying? S/N 266 will be the first with a usable GPS and known ice (BTW that usable GPS is a Garmin 400 pasted into the panel where the keyboards used to be. They still haven't gotten the FMS figured out after an extra few years of production, and have since given up on it). Our upgrades have been frozen due to Eclipse's corporate crisis. I apologize AeroDMB, I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I'm not exaggerating in the least here.

Last edited:
Some of your statements are outright false and seriously out-of-date assumptions my friend. Get your facts straight.

You want proof that the Eclipse is a P.O.S. It's has tip tanks!!!

State-of-art...in 1960 tip tanks. When the Williams engines proved themselves to be fantasy they added tip tanks instead of redesigning the wings to carry the increased fuel load.

Just read the article aopa had on the eclipse. Seems ripcurl is pretty close on alot of his description.

Seems like some new piston single-engine aircraft have more capability (avionics/systems wise) than this "jet." An autopilot that can't fly an approach??

It got to the point while reading the article that I started laughing every time it said "furture improvments....", "they hope to have......", "keyboard doesn't work.....", "future mods will activate....." etc. etc. etc.......(not exact quotes, but you get the picture)

The lack of technological help in that thing combined with some of the types that will be flying it.........hmmm.

Getting interesting for Eclipse? Vern is gone, the FAA is breathing down their necks, can't make the production numbers, 266 airplanes need serious modifications, cash problems and not paying on time.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back