• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eclipse crash on takeoff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FAA might wanna re-think single-pilot cert.

Curious to see why he went off the runway.

Because there wasn't enough runway. if there had been, he wouldn't have run off the end of it.

Jeezzz, do I have to do ALL the thinking on these boards?

FAA might wanna re-think single-pilot cert.

Curious to see why he went off the runway.

many Citations are single pilot certified and you dont see this happening, you just see them taxiing around in lakes after they overshoot their landing!

The runway at Brandywine is pretty narrow and could possibly give pilots wrong impression that they are too high. I once landed a Navajo there with a 15 knots cross wind and I used up the whole runway.

Two to one odds that this thread goes to four pages before saturday, and the words "doctor" and "bonanza" will be used in the same sentence.

Single pilot cert means nothing, there have been runway overruns from two pilot crew in the past and will be in the future.

Single pilot cert means nothing, there have been runway overruns from two pilot crew in the past and will be in the future.

As long as humans are in the loop, we will have crashes.

But two pilots is always better than one, even when both pilots are substandard pilots.

Single pilot jets operate in the same airspace and at the same airports that two-crew airplanes operate in, having one pilot, after 50 years of having two pilots in turbine powered planes, as far as I'm concerned, is not the smartest and safest environment.

Thats all I'm saying.

I must say whoever wrote that article should be fired... probably a furloughed airline guy :)

Latest resources

Back