• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eclipse crash on takeoff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As long as humans are in the loop, we will have crashes.

But two pilots is always better than one, even when both pilots are substandard pilots.

Single pilot jets operate in the same airspace and at the same airports that two-crew airplanes operate in, having one pilot, after 50 years of having two pilots in turbine powered planes, as far as I'm concerned, is not the smartest and safest environment.

Thats all I'm saying.

I agree two pilots up front, inherently is safer than single pilot ops. I think any company flight department running single pilot is taking a gamble. If thier pilot has a heart attack, then what? Yes, I've flown CE525's single pilot, only to bring the bird to maintenance. All company flying is done with 2 pilot crew.

Anybody for the most part can fly todays aircraft, monkeys have been trained to fly. I personally think there's a differece between Joe pilots and professional pilots. I know joe pilot's who can fly turbine aircraft, all they want to do is fly the airplane, never look at performance #'s.

Having and adhearing to SOP's has proven to reduce incidents and accidents. Joe bag o' doughnuts flying his VLJ most likely isn't flying within sop's. Company flown aircraft with two pilot crew, probably have some sort of manual in place.

Pilots don't find new ways to screw things up, for the most part most accidents/incidents are the same stupid mistakes. Yes, to error is human, and yet we are the flexible link as well. Regardless, there will be and always be single and two pilot crews who run off the runway

If lawyers continue to injure themselves crashing in eclipses, it could be bonanza for doctors.

Last edited:
If lawyers continue to injure themselves crashing in eclipses, it could be bonanza for doctors.

Oooo, well done! Gotta say it though, does anyone else find it ironic that Eclipse's new single engine jet has a V-tail? That just seems to be a new bonanza for jokes about forked-tail doctor killers...

NTSB Identification: CHI08IA200
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Incident occurred Thursday, July 17, 2008 in Rockford, IL
Aircraft: Eclipse Aviation Corporation EA500, registration: N875NA
Injuries: 2 Uninjured.
This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed.
On July 17, 2008, at 1655 central daylight time, an Eclipse Aviation Corporation EA500, N875NA, sustained minor damage during an in-flight separation of the aft, lower, left hand side, wing to body fairing, during cruise flight near Rockford, Illinois. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed at the time of the accident. The 14 CFR Part 91 flight was operating on an instrument flight rules flight plan. Neither of the two pilots, the only occupants, were injured. The flight last departed from Pinedale, Wyoming, and was en route to Chicago Executive Airport, Chicago/Prospect Heights/Wheeling, Illinois, where it landed without further incident.

I had to see the doctor after after visiting a place called Bonanza's in Mexico. He prescribed something that made the brightest day seem like there was a eclipse.

Seriously though, I am glad no one was hurt.

Latest resources

Back